New Years Eve

"Louis?" Harry says softly, nudging his napping boyfriend.

Niall and Zayn are throwing a small party for New Years but it doesn't begin until seven so louis decided to take a short nap before getting ready.

However, Harry isn't sure he's in the party mood but he'll go if it makes louis happy.

"Hm?" Louis asks sleepily. "What time s'it?"

"About to hit six."

Louis whines. "Five more minutes, please?" Louis pulls Harry down to cuddle him. "We don't want to be the first ones there either."

Harry nods. He snuggles into Louis' arms. "you feeling okay? You sound a bit sick."

Louis shakes his head. "M'good, babe. Just sleepy." Louis assures him, pressing a kiss on the top of his head.

"I'm not really feeling the party. Is it okay if I leave early?"

"Why not, love? It's New Years."

"Yeah." Harry says softly. "I guess."

Louis sighs, not annoyed or angry. "If you want to leave early, then I leave with you. I want to start the new year with you."

Harry nods. "I do too."

•••••

It's a small gathering.

A few of Louis' teammates and their families. It's not to noisy either.

But Louis can't help but notice harry looks a bit uncomfortable.

Harry excuses himself to the restroom and Louis follows after him.

"What's wrong, love?" Louis asks, gently and taking Harry's hand.

"Nothing." Harry says pulling his hand away. "Just have to pee."

"Really? Tell me what's bothering you. You don't look happy at all."

"I just...Eleanor has been calling you non-stop all day. Asking how you are and how she wishes you were with her. So you can start your new year together."

Louis sighs, kissing Harry gently. "I know. I'm sorry. And I plan on leaving her soon. I do, Harry." Louis murmurs.

"Do you?"

"Yes, H. This is our year, okay? And each year after that will be ours. I promise you when that clock strikes midnight, it's going to change." Louis whispers softly. "It's gonna be me and you. Only. No more Eleanor."

"Promise me." Harry whispers back, tears welling in his eyes.

Louis smiles at him. "I promise, baby."

Louis kisses Harry softly. He parts away. "I love you, okay?"

Harry smiles, looking happy for the first time since they've been there. "I love you."