Free

Harry is pacing around his flat, chewing on his thumbnail. He checks his cell phone for the hundredth time in the past hour.

His heart is pounding quickly and he's jittery. He's happy, but he's nervous for Louis.

'Maybe I should write,' Harry thinks to himself. 'Write, Harry.' He runs to his bedroom, grabbing his journal and his pen.

He hurries back to the living room, plopping down on the couch. "Okay, write." Harry breathes out to himself as he uncaps his pen.

He opens his journal to a new page. Once he starts writing down every feeling he's feeling, he starts calming down.

He feels like he's just about to cross the finish line, only to start a new race. Hopefully, one that doesn't end. He's never felt so in love with anybody but Louis.

He's so happy. He just can't wait any longer, and he doesn't have too. He and Louis will be able to hold hands and kiss without having to worry about being caught.

There still is the fact that Louis needs to come out. But Louis can't wait longer either. They plan to go out on their first public date on Valentines day which is only a month or so away.

Harry knows this year is going to be amazing and the start of many more wonderful years to come. He's recording his new album, he's going to start tour in the summer, and Louis will be there. They don't have to go through the trouble of secretly getting Louis there.

They can finally keep moving forward.

"It's over. I did it!" Louis shouts as he enters Harry's apartment.

Harry perks up, getting off the couch. Louis smiles at him, "Finally, Haz. It's just you and I, baby."

Harry hugs him tightly. "'S just me and you." Harry murmurs, tearing up. "Finally."

Louis cups his cheek, leaning in to kiss Harry.

Harry laughs lightly, "We don't have to close the blinds." He whispers before they kiss.

"We're free."

Harry smiles, sniffling. "Nearly."

*

A/N: Thank you for reading ! Next chapter will be Harry's Birthday and a valentines so it will be much much longer ! :)