Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Valencio Dametri

"What's up with you?" Her voice echoes across the room. Her head on my chest after another round. It was just a vessel. Fucking her yet thinking of her.  I don't enjoy it. I haven't felt anything with Ciara for years. I'm content. I don't treat her bad. I treat her like a husband should. Except the loyalty part. I know she doesn't love me. I don't think it's ever been that way. It was good for the public. I'm happy with our family. I know she's hurt if she found out I'm advancing on other women. Yet I can't divorce her. It doesn't work that way. The media would dig. Our marriage looks perfect. It has been for 14 years. Since I was 18. Her decision more then mine.

"What would happen if we divorced?" I can feel her heart stop beating. She's moving her head off me and looking at me.

"Where is this coming from?" She's calm.

"Can you look at me and say you're in love with me?"

She can't. She knows that.

I can't either. I know that.

"Valencio, come on. If you really think a divorce will benefit us or the kids you're insane."

"You were sixteen." It was her parents. Her rich famous parents who even thought of the reason to marry her off. Yes we came from wealth. But that didn't justify anything.

She got pregnant at seventeen. I was happy. I learned how much the fame and money came in so easily after. She's an amazing actress and would've made her way up even without a contract and small ceremony. It's for publicity.

"You think any of these marriages in Hollywood are for love? No it's because they can be content and raise a family with someone they trust. I do love you. I love our kids. And I love our life. If we actually married people we love do you think it would've even lasted? Love is complicated. Im happy with you. You know how crazy and unlogical it would be to divorce? At this point." She's telling me everything I've thought. Everything I've heard. Everything I don't want to hear.

I shouldn't blame her. She was still young but so was I.

She's right. A divorce would be stupid. But so would leading Odessa on. Hurting her more then needed. I can't help it. I've always been a whore if I'm being honest. Ciara did ground me though. I still fucked other women and had my fun. I'm sure she has to. But we don't speak of it. As long as the public never finds out. There's no reason to take it to heart. I fuck them. Not make love to them.

we love each other. We're partners. I'm not happy with her. I'm content. There's a soul difference. I know how it would be with Odessa. I felt it. One night. The one kiss. I didn't want it to stop. I never felt that. I sound like a high school kid. But it's the truth.

Odessa is like a run. I don't know if I'm going to get tired though. Her big mouth. She's interesting. Book smart and gorgeous. And she has respect for herself.

Maybe if I stopped playing around with her so much. She thinks I'm immature and an idiot at my age. I think it's just funny seeing her always so angry. Maybe it's immature but I can't help it. I know how she always takes actual deep breathes whenever she opens her mouth to speak to me. How she has to calm herself before speaking to her boss. It's intriguing how collected she can be. But I'm no idiot.

Or fool.

She's going to fall for me. I'll let her fall. Then help her up after and joke about it.

Odessa Sedet

Christmas would come.

I would find myself at a gorgeous cabin on the coast with the Dametri family. I tried. I swear I tried to come up with any excuse. But Ciara wouldn't let me spend it myself. I'd have my friends of course but if I'm being honest I think these times are the loneliest for me. Makes me dwell more then needed.