Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Valencio Dametri

A year passed. Things dissolved. Things became okay. The twins turned twelve. Angelina now sixteen and better. Never allowing me to push any charges on her crazy ex. I didn't let her speak to her. She begged for me to let her but I didn't. London doesn't deserve to even look at her. The amount of bullshit she put her through. We all sit at the table happy for Rebecca and her amazing ballet win. Best in her category and division. I'd say better then the older girls. She's exited and happy I let her travel with the team. I was hesitant. But I trust her. Either way Ciara will be with her.

Ciara.   

The dynamic changed. We co parent. We don't even sleep in the same beds. We aren't even friends. The kids have felt the change. No one says a thing though. We still fake it. But I'm tired of doing so.

I was in New York seven months ago. I needed to see her. Just once more at least. I never trusted the doctors. But for the first time it scared me. I saw how perfect she looked. She looked stressed while on the phone and writing orders. How she was nodding while biting her lip. In away she looked older. I tried. I swear I fucking tried to walk in but I couldn't. And as soon as her head went up I turned and walked back across the street.

Like a coward.

"How do you think Odessa is doing?" As if Angelina could read my thoughts. I didn't even realize I zoned out. 

Ciara ignored the comment. The kids all look at me. They aren't stupid. They know exactly the relationship me and Odessa had. 

"I hope she's doing well. I can't believe it's been a year. I feel like we should shock up on her."

"Where is this all coming from?"

"She has a boyfriend."

I feel my heart fall on the plate. How does she even know all this stuff?

"I did digging they look happy." She drags.

"Shut up." Alessandro butts in.

"That's good for her. She deserves that happiness." Ciara speaks. She gulps. A vile in her throat. It doesn't go untouched how she hates Odessa now. The first women I'd pick over her. She felt threatened.

"I would be so happy if you picked her over us." Angelina states. The anger in her tone clear. The same girl who said to never pick her over the family.

"What?"

"This family is already broken. What are you even holding on to? She's in New York and you're here miserable. All of it was your fault so the fact you're the one angry says a lot about your persona."

"Angelina." I warn.

"You know she deserves to be happy." She's crying.

"She always told me how she had a reason when around us but it's because she was also around you. You have everything you want and she doesn't have anything. "

She said the same thing to me.

"Leave the table." Ciara warns.

"And you're sad dad will never love you. But that was never in that stupid contract your parents forced him to be in. Or maybe we skip the fucking part where they forge any of his consent to even wed you." 

I hear everyone's heartbeats. Because of how much silence their is. As they grow older they figure things out. From media or themselves or even us at times.

"And in so sorry the only person in this world who is able to stand you is busy cheating on her next girlfriend. You are exactly like your father and I'm sick of it. I always have been."