Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Odessa Sedet

I would  get a familiar but Unkown number while getting drunk. I'm almost done with my degree. I'm okay. It's been okay. Things have calmed. He got the  board to take me back in even if my exposure was leaked around. Making the school look back. I was only allowed to learn from home. I'm not allowed to attend graduation. I needed to though. Not me but my mother. I needed her to see me walk across the stage. I needed her to clap for me from a far. I needed to cry about it after by myself knowing she's dead. I needed to feel all the emotion. Dametri made sure it happened. With I'm guessing no other then bribery. I lost a lot of opportunities though. But it's okay because I've already started opening up a shop in New York. Another big industrial place for celebrities and fame. But I need it. I need to escape this life.

I was at a club before this call. All for the wrong reasons. I've been doing a lot of things for the wrong reasons. Drinking and dosing. I tell myself to stop. He clouds my mind. My dreams, my nightmares. How I live. I hate it and I hate him. No one would understand unless put in the position. And it was entirely because of him. Because I am set back almost a month of my degree. Because everything has been much harder. Because I'm mentally drained from it all.

I had stepped outside in the cold air of Hollywood. Cold even near the summer days. It was one in the morning and a familiar voice boomed through my ear.

Angelina.

I've never drove so fast. I was drunk. I keep telling myself that excuse for years.

She was hurt. I remember seeing her crying. She was begging for it all to stop. Telling me not to call her dad. She managed to tell me how she was at this party. How she needed to talk to London. She kept saying she was drunk as an excuse to stab her and lock the room. She was scared. She was fifteen. I remember 912 taking too long. I remember speeding through multiple lights and yelling at her to keep pushing the cloth on her wound. I remember dialing his number hundreds of times. I remember calling everyone but it was the one day no one answered.

I remembered everything but turning on my headlights. Everything but forgetting my car was black and tinted. Everything but remembering cars can't see as well this time.

I forgot everything but the impact of the truck coming from the side as I sped the light.

Valencio Dametri

My hand held hers for hours. Ciara fuming about it. I didn't care. How could I? Angelina told me everything. I made her as soon as she woke. Comforting her only after. But it's been almost a day and she's still not awake.

I always imagined it being the other way around. One day it will be.

I hate her.

I keep telling myself that. She should've said my name. She should've given me another chance. Then I remember I'm the one who messed up.

Now can she be so stupid.

I'm a dick.

I'm mentally cussing her out while she's in a hospital bed aching. She's lost weight and looks drained. My eyes watch as her eyes screw shut. She groans softly adjusting to the light. I watch as she puts it together herself. As she feels my hand on hers. As soon as she does I remove it. I shouldn't be angry at her. Yet I am. I have every right to be. But I should also be thankful.