Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Odessa Sedet

I stand in front of a drunk Valencio. He's sitting at the bar at the large event I had to force him to go to. He's been kissed off after I told him I got a good offer and net working. He wanted to be the one to help me which is more then understandable but we still need to have our separate lives. Especially in the work field.
It was a lot of work baking thousands of things. Yes with a lot of help but in one night so they were fresh as possible isn't the best feeling.

"It's a social event Valencio. An amazing marketing opportunity and you're being bitter." I state as he's downing multiple drinks to keep calm.

"I could've helped you with the marketing. It's literally my job. It's the fact you went to someone else—"

"He came to me. He gave me an offer because I earned it myself. So I am so sorry I don't want to use my husbands fame and money to easily cut through the line. "

His jaw tenses and I roll my eyes turning my back towards him. I change my entire aura and mood once Mr. Andrews is walking towards me.

"Who the fuck—" I kick his leg with the long part of my heel. He immediately shuts up.

"Mrs.—Dametri."

He hesitates slightly to address me by my first name. And I think only doesn't because the drunk man is behind me. I'm guessing he's five shots down. Not a lot for him. But enough of bullsbit  for me.

Damien Andrews. A young coach who was able to bring his players to a huge championship win. Basketball coach. I know no more then timeout and traveling but it's enough when he walked into my shop in a hurry and asked if I could make a bunch of sweets for a grand party. There's more people then I can imagine. More celebrities then I can imagine. Valencio is still doing his share. I can see how he enjoys being brought back to life of the media for a little. It's weird because we almost switched lives. I'm more in the media then he is. All from a bakery I had doubted wouldn't to get more then 2 people a day.

"I was wondering is it was okay if we got a picture." I gulp down my nervousness as I feel Valencio press his hand on my lower back. In a possessive way. His warmth is now just hot. Not challenging him but him.

Damien is loved by many. He's a kind man with anger issues at sometimes. Only thirty two. Yet single and out of the stir.

"That would be amazing."

The amazing wasn't needed. I don't dare look back at him when I walk away with him. Throughout the pictures which end up into more pictures with several people I can feel his eyes on me. When Damien slid his arm around my waist. Holding me very gently. I could barely feel it. I didn't think any of it.

I spent the next forty minutes giving more small talks with others and taking more pictures. When I found Valencio again he was speaking to a couple of guys. He seemed calm. I thought he was calm until he looked right at me. Annoyance and frustration. Seriousness all over his face he looked away. I wanted to pull him away. Yet only more people pulled me away before I can even gain closeness towards him.

He was being petty and arrogant the rest of the night. Of course with my huge pride I did the exact same. Yes he gets jealous. I do too. I'm better at maintaining it though. Even when women bluntly flirt with him in front of me. Bluntly flirt with him realizing he had a ring. It does hurt. Sometimes I tell myself how could one.

Then realize I was sort of in the same place. I hate that feeling. So I never know if I truly have the right to be as hateful. When I for one basically ruined a family too the ground and ran off. The night went on until the speeches and cheers. I found myself standing next to him as he was sitting on a very high one table chair. A women was speaking. Guessing a manager of the team. She speaks a lot.