Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Odessa Sedet

I place my gifts on the gift table that's so piled up they're also on the floor. I look around the gorgeous venue that made my head spin. Trying to get the perfect eleven birthday party for both the twins. Maybe I'm taking too much credit. Ciara has been planning it for three weeks. I still can't believe time has moved that fast. It's almost February. So much has changed. School is really starting to kick my ass.

It's wrong.

But there's no way to sugar coat the fact I'm having an affair with Valencio. Basically backstabbing his wife I've grown close with and the kids I love like my own. I'm wearing light blue jeans and a white bodysuit. My hair is in a low bun and of course my heels I think that will always have a grip on me. I've just gotten to always being at events. Even without this family. I'm late. Really late honestly. I had a doctors appointment and I just don't want any of my tears to show. I wasn't going to come. But I had to. The twins find me quickly though and hug me. I smile trying not to be rude but their hands have some dye on them and I don't want it on my outfit. I manage to get them off me and kneel to kiss both there cheeks.

"In two years you'll be teens. Almost adults. So now you guys can stop acting like brats?"

They roll there eyes. I'm lost as they are laughing in my face.

"What?" 

"You're the best babysitter. We wanted to thank you."

I lift a brow.

They never say that. My heart is immideatly melting with annoyance as the press a cupcake. Two cupcakes on my face.

"So it's fair." Then they leave. Frosting on my cheeks I stand up and take a breathe.

They'll never change.

I turn to see Valencio. His eyebrows raise and he tries not to laugh. I stick my finger up at him and he does the same. But he sticks two and makes fingering motions.

They're all just like him.

Oh my gosh. His dimples indent and he laughs at my frustration. I go to get cleaned. Taking my time. I put on lipstick again. And redo concealer. I think I'll always have a bunch of makeup in my bag.

When I come back out everyone is gathered. Watching them take pictures. Family pictures.
I feel the same ache again when I was sitting on that chair in the doctors. When he was blabbing a bunch of words I didn't know. The air becomes thick and my head starts to hurt. I try keeping a happy face but it gets harder when my tears start to fall. I leave the crowd and go to the parking place. I should've stayed home.

I take multiple deep breathes. As soon as I open my car door it's being closed. I'm being turned around and faced by him.

"You're just going to leave?" He's annoyed.

"It's already ended and I'm tired." I state.

My tears are still falling but I don't have it in me to hide them. He wouldn't understand. He's taking a step back to give me air. There's still no air. I feel like I'm suffocating and the more I think of it the harder my tears fall.