3. 서울-파리

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3: 서울-파리 (ꜱᴇᴏᴜʟ-ᴘᴀʀɪ)- ꜱᴇᴏᴜʟ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʀɪꜱ

Through the crystal clear infinite sky with sunny weather, the aircraft swiftly made its way to its destination

Through the crystal clear infinite sky with sunny weather, the aircraft swiftly made its way to its destination. From Seoul to Paris, the city of love!

Yi-Ahn chuckled sarcastically as the word "city of love" popped up in her mind. She wondered, where love itself gad abounded her, will the city of love be kind enough to accept her?

She was sure that most of the passengers on this flight were heading to Paris for their honeymoon or vacation. Will she be able to give them a safe trip? Her misfortune won't affect their happy moment, right? On the contrary, maybe sharing their luck, she will be able to land in Paris? Or, had the stars chosen something else for her?

It's been already 6 hours since the departure. Captain Jung had a overnighter flight so he was the first one visiting the bunk for a nap.

"Nuna," Soobin called her breaking the silence, "If you think me as a friend you can share what happened. You know, sharing is caring. Maybe I can help-"

Yi-Ahn cut him off before he could show her any more pity as everyone else does to her, "Soobin, We are at work. Don't bring any off-topic, please. I am not in a very good mood."

"Okay," Soobin was taken aback by her strong voice, "I am just letting you know that, if you don't feel so good, you can rest for a while. I can handle it myself and captain Jung Hae In will also be back in a while. So, you can rest until the landing. I don't mind it," he replied, being a gentleman.

Yi-Ahn, without replying, shot her a glance mixed with hesitance, confusion, surprise, and a slight mixture of despondency. "No, thank you. I am fine. Besides, I am the captain of this flight. I can't leave the cockpit just like that. You know it too that It's against the rules." she reluctantly denied his offer.

But, she has to accept it as Soobin kept bugging her about it, "Oh, come on. We can just make an exception. You know it too that you need some rest. And since we are lucky, we have Captain Jung with us. You know how understanding and kind-hearted he is. I'm sure he'll help if it is you."

"Fine, I'll leave only when he is back. And you have to promise to call me the first thing if anything happens." she agreed knowing somehow she wanted some time alone too. She needed it and she knew it.

"Yes, your highness," Soobin uttered sarcastically.

"What are you two talking about?" Captain Jung entered the cockpit a few seconds later with the usual smile plastered on his face.

"Minister Jung, I've something to say to you." Soobin was the first one to respond.

And then he made up all the 10-minute-long story of how sick Yi-Ahn was without even batting an eye. This guy sure has a talent for these things.