7. 변장

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7: 변장 (ʙʏᴇᴏɴᴊᴀɴɢ)- ᴅɪꜱɢᴜɪꜱᴇᴅ 

"Ding Dong!"

"Ding Dong!"

The doorbell rang twice like a harsh siren in the reticent, fusty night. Getting no response from the other side the third person rang the bell again.

But when it didn't work either, with more enthusiasm, she rang thrice at once, more harder than before.

With a little 'click' sound, the door opened not so long after that. And Jungkook was far beyond being surprised as he found Min Myeong Jo herself standing there. He was so surprised that he couldn't talk for a while.

"Are you not gonna invite me in?" Her words finally broke his bombshell.

"Y-es! Please come in!" his voice was raspy and his tone was high pitched from the shock.

He opened the door wide enough for her to enter and closed it staying behind. Following her inside, he apologized for the delay while opening the door and for acting clumsily. "I dozed off for while working on some projects," he explained without her asking as he was rubbing his eyes, awakening him fully.

"It's okay, kook. It's late anyway...  Just that I am a bit tired. Can you please give me some water first?" she plopped on the sofa where Jungkook was sitting even two minutes ago.

"Sure," Jungkook was busy getting her water in the next second. He was lucky that he had bought some beforehand.

"Here," he offered the bottle. "Sorry, I don't have a cup here."

"It's okay, I prefer it like this," and with that, she drank the whole bottle of water in one breath.

"Slow down, noona. You'll choke." Jungkook managed to chuckle even though his inner self was jumping with worry.

"Ahh... I'm alright." she smiled showing the whole set of 32 teeth.

"Now, how are you here. No, I mean it's 2 in the morning! How could you reach this first? I don't mean that I don't like that. It's just that it could've been dangerous, you know?" He inquired obviously worried.

"Chill. I know what I am doing. Don't worry about me-" she stood up, sealed the water bottle, approached Jungkook, and flicked his forehead and he made a little 'ouch' sound as she continued, "Just worry about yourself, you dummy. Oh, and I took a flight."

"Still-" Jungkook was still hesitant but was immediately cut off.

"Now, let's check her first," she indicated at the figure over the bed and as she approached the bed, Jungkook nodded and followed her like a lost puppy.

Checking her vitals, she nodded. "It's pneumonia," she announced calmly.

His hands tensed. "Can you help her?"