12. 호의

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12: 호의(ʜᴏᴜɪ)- ꜰᴀᴠᴏʀ

Jungkook

I was lying on my stomach in bed, exhausted from working restlessly sitting before the computer screen. Working at home sucks.

I'd have to get everything e-mailed, check them out for any faults, and then write emails again to give new instructions to the employers. It was double work and took much more time. That's why I hate working at home.

As exhausted as I was, the phone call just now made me even more irritated. It was Mr. Shin. I had to receive it.

"Hello, Mr. Shin." I forced myself not to sound irritated or unpleased.

"Yes, Jungkook. I have a piece of good news for you."

"That's my pleasure. What is it?" I tried to sound delighted which was the last thing I felt.

"Sung Rin will visit you in a while. It's been a while since she left home." He sounded happy through the phone call. "I'd told her about our meeting the other day. And she was so happy to hear that she's gonna get married to you. She really thinks highly of a hard-working person like you. So, I offered her to visit you since you two don't even know each other well."

As much as he sounded happy, I was irritated with it. Hell, I didn't even agree to marry his daughter and now I got to know that she is gonna visit in a while. Most importantly without any notice. It is just too fucked up.

"Yes," I replied showing all the irrigation through my voice.

"Ahh.. I hope you won't mind me not telling you beforehand. I was going to, but I forgot. You know, fault of age." He chuckled guiltily.

If I could, I'd just slam that foul head of his on the ground and make sure to let his Seribrams taste the soil. But I needed him. So, I held it all in and replied with a smile, "It's no problem. I can understand. But, if I am not wrong, I did never agree with your proposal."

"Don't worry about it. You can still tell me your decision after meeting her. It's not a big deal. I'm pretty sure that you won't hesitate to say yes right after you meet her." He sounded proud.

"I hope so." I forced myself to utter those words cause I definitely was not interested in marrying a complete stranger as a business deal just because she was pretty.