Chapter 6

Chapter 6
"Camden"

Laura smiled at camden and walked up to him."what are you doing here? I thought you had to go with your pack." Laura asks confused yet the smile never left her face. Cassiel held in a growl at the way camden and Laura looked at each other. That should be me she's looking at. Not him! He says angrily to himself in his mind. Camden smiled at her."Well I was there and then I realized that I wasn't with the one person I wanted to be with," Camden said getting closer to her so she was inches away."Who?" Laura asks curiously. Camden chuckled then leans in."You of corse." He then kissed her. Cassiel fumed with anger as he watches him kiss her. He hides it well but it's still there. Meela notices Cassiel and whispers to him."Cool down your acting like a moron." She says angrily to him then steps away. Cassiel sighs. Camden breaks the kiss and smiles at Laura and hugs her tightly. Laura hugs him back. Bartumis glances at everyone in the dead silence."Will someone talk please? I'm sick of the awkward silence." Bartumis said not liking the silence. Laura sighed and stood next to camden."So guys this is Camden. Camden this is Meela the elf,Bartumis the Dwarf,and Cassiel the vampire." She made introductions."Hello" Mella said with a smile."Sup" Bartumis said in a stoic voice as he crossed his arms. Cassiel stayed silent as camden smiled at them."It's nice to meet you all." Camden said with a friendly smile. Meela smiled."It's nice to meet you too" she said kindly."Yeah I guess same here" Bartumis said bluntly. Cassiel of corse stayed silent and held back lunging at Camden. Laura noticed Cassiel's silence but thought it was just him being him so she left it alone. Meela glanced at Cassiel, seeing that he was angry and bumped him with her arm. He gave her a confused look and she rolled her eyes."So we better set up camp before the sun sets" Bartumis says not liking the silence."Right, yeah okay Meela and Bartumis you set up the tents, Cassiel you go get water from the stream and I'll go get the fire wood." Laura says in her natural leader voice."What can I do?" Camden asks smiling at her because he loved her leader voice, his smile however made Cassiel roll his eyes."well you can help Cassiel with the water" laura says looking at Cassiel."If that's alright" she says making sure."Yes that's fine" he says in as fake of a friendly voice as possible through gritted teeth."Okay then." Laura starts to walk into the woods as Meela and Bartumis set up the tents. Cassiel took the canteens and started to walk to the nearest river. Camden kissed laura's cheek before he followed Cassiel which made laura smile. Cassiel walked with a huff and crossed arms as he walked to the river with Camden. His rival for love as Cassiel called him. They walked for a while in silence. Cassiel glaring at camden when he wasn't looking and camden smiling and looking around without a single care.
********************
After they had left laura had headed straight through the woods and when she found a tree they looked big enough she took a deep breath then punched the tree with all her strength. With a loud crack and thud the tree fell. Laura shook her hand to get the feeling back in it before she got pieces of wood off the bottom of the tree where it was best. She smiled as she did this because she loved being able to use her strengths when she could because around her pack she had to hide how strong she was. She took as many pieces as she could before she started back towards there camp.
********************
As laura takes care of the wood and Cassiel and camden take care of the water Meela and Bartumis got started on figuring out how to put up the tents. Meela had no problem with it but Bartumis was having trouble."Done with mine and Laura's tents." Meela said proudly."How are you doing on your and Cassiel's?" She asks as she turns to see him tied up in the tent."Im doing pretty good actually" he says trying to sound tough because he wanted to impress her. Meela giggled and walked over to him."Are you sure?" She asks teasingly because she knew that he wasn't."Yeah I'm sure" he says still not noticing she was standing right in front of him as he tried to get the tent off of him."okay if your sure" Meela smiled and took the tent off of him."There thats better" she says as she sets it down. He looks at her and blushes because he didn't know until then that she was right there the whole time."Thanks" he said shyly and she smiled."It's no problem. Why don't you let me take care of these tents?" She suggests."alright" he says with a faint smile. Meela nods and gets to work putting up the tents and in minutes she was done."Finished" she said proudly as she walked over to a stump and sat down. Bartumis stared at the tents in amazement."H-how did you do that so quickly?" He asks in astonishment as he looks at her."I used to spend months on end living in the forest with my fathers army during the war. When you live that long in a tent you pick up a few things." She said sitting cross legged on the stump in the shade."Wow" he says sitting down right there. Meela smiled a little an closed her eyes as she waited for the others to return.
********************
Cassiel and camde were at the river and filling the canteens of water. They heard the crash of a tree falling in the woods and looked that way. Cassiel was co fused but camden started laughing because he knew what it was. Cassiel looked at him confused and disgustedly."Whats so funny?" He asks. Camden shakes his head still laughing a bit."That was Laura's way of getting fire wood." He says looking at Cassiel and saw the shock on his face for a split second."She did that?" He asks in surprise and camden nods."yeah she is a lot stronger then she looks" he smiled and stands up from the river and closes the canteens."Come on. We better get back" Camden says and Cassiel nods as he stands up."Yeah"Cassiel says as he and camden start to walk. They headed back to camp and got there soon.
********************
The sun was setting and it would soon be night. Laura was already back at the camp and starting the fire as Cassiel and Camden got back into camp. Meela was still on the stump and Bartumis was sitting on a patch of moss watching as the fire was starting. Camden smiled at them as they got there."Here's the water" he says as him and Cassiel set the canteens down on a different stump from the one Meela was on."Thanks guys" laura says smiling at both of them."No problem" Cassiel says first and Camden nods, meaning he meant the same. Caden sat down next to laura after she got the fire started which made Cassiel hold in a jealous growl as he sat in the shadows against a tree. Laura smiled at camden and he smiled back at her as they sat there staring into the fire. Meela yawned and stood up."Im going to bed guys" Meela says with another yawn as she walks to her tent."Yeah me too" Bartimus says as he walks to his tent."Okay night guys" laura says to them, then looks over at Cassiel."Why don't you get some sleep. I'll take first watch" she says and he looks at her."What about him?" He asks gesturing to camden."He will stay in my tent because I'll be in a tree so I can watch the camp for the night." Laura says simply. Cassiel sighs and nods."Whatever" Cassiel says as he stands up and walks to his tent without saying goodnight. Camden kisses Laura's head before walking to her tent to sleep. Laura smiled at them as she climbed high into a tree with her sword held tight to her as she sat on a branch and watched the camp in the shadows and stood gaurd for the night as everyone slept.

Picture on the left of what camden looks like