Chapter 15

Chapter 15
"The End?"

By the time the sun had risen, Laura was already awake and was sitting outside in the same place where they all had been the previous night. She sighed and picked dead grass as she looked at the drawing she had done. She had woken up in the middle of the night and al she could think about, was her dragons and what they might be going through.

She stared silently at the drawing of her and her dragons as she held back tears as she whispers."I promise, I will save you." She makes her silent vow and the feels a shadow fall over her and a familiar voice whisper in her ear."Whats wrong Laura?"
"I don't know anymore Cassiel." the young vampire sat beside her and looked at her with kind eyes."You can tell me anything, you know that right?" She nodded."Yeah. It's just that. I don't know what to do anymore Cassiel. It feels as if everyone we get something done,"
"More things get added onto it." He finished for her and she nodded."What are we gonna do Cassiel." he sighed."I don't know." They say in silence for a few moments before he noticed the drawing."Is this what they look like? Your dragons I mean?" She looked at the picture and smiled small."Yeah. Except they are ten times bigger." He chuckled and reaches for the picture."May I?"
"Of corse." she handed the picture to him and he looked at it."Wow you did an amazing job at drawing this." she gave a sheepish smile."Thanks."

He nodded and gave her back the picture."What are you two love birds up to?." Meela's voice pierced the silence they were in as she plopped herself right next to Laura who was blushing slightly."Nothing and we are not love birds." Meela chuckled."Speaking of Love birds, where is Bartimus Meela?" Cassiel spoke up from his spot on the opposite side of Laura.

"Still sleeping." Cassiel chuckled."Well with what I've been hearing from your room lately I can believe it." Meela blushed profusely at that as she started playing with her dress."Y-You heard that?" He nodded."Yeah, me and practically everyone in the village." Laura smacked him playfully on the arm."Ow, what was that for?"
"For not keeping your mouth shut." he sighed and didn't say anything else. It took at least ten minutes for the blush on Meela's face to finally Wear away.
*******
Back at the werewolf tribe of Chief Ezra the day before.

"We head out tonight. If we do then we will be able to catch up with them by dawn at the earliest." Chief Ezra had been planning the attack on his daughter and her friends sense the moment he told them about the dragons."Sir?" One of the soldiers spoke up."What is it?"
"Your son has requested to talk to you"
"Ah yes send him in" the soldier nodded and went to get Matthew.

"We are going to need at least 50 soldiers ready to fight if necessary, and make sure they have the new shields the inventor has created. If we plan on doing as planned then we are going to need them. Oh and do not forget the secret weapon. We will defiantly need it in order to go through with our plans."

The soldiers nodded."Father?" Matthew's voice spoke from his spot on the outside of the circle of soldiers."Ah yes my son what can I do for you?" He motioned the soldiers to go and make the preparations.

Matt stepped closer to his father and looked up at him."Father, why are you planning to hurt Laura?"

He kneeled down so he was eye to eye with him."Well, she has done very bad things and has to be punished for it."
"But, she is just defending herself. Maybe if I talked to her, she will not be so-"
"No! You are not allowed to talk to or go near her."
"But-"
"No buts!" He took a deep breath and calmed down."Im sorry I yelled but I don't want you hanging around Laura."

He stepped back angrily."I want to see her! I have a right she's my sister!" Ezra stood up and looked at him."I am not dealing with you right now. Go home." Matt growled and ran off home. He paced around the house alone and tried to think of what to do.

I can't let them hurt Laura. I can't! What should I do? What oh what.

He thought for a while and then got an idea."That's it! If I can't get them to not hurt her, I'll get someone to help her! Or better yet, something!" He smiled and ran out of his house to get to work on his plan. Even if I don't get there in time, at least she will have them.
**********
Back to the present day with our group of friends

After about an hour of Meela, Laura and Cassiel talking Bartimus and Camden finally got their butts out of bed and joined them. Camden was sitting behind Laura with his arms wrapped around her and Bartimus was sitting next to Meela holding her hand."We should probably get going before the sun is fully up." Meela suggested and they all agreed."Alright let's go." Cassiel stood up and started walking and soon after the two couples followed.

"Hey. you guys? I'm getting a bad feeling about this forest." Meela looked around the dark, gloomy forest which made Bartimus make his hold on her waist a bit tighter to make her feel better. She gave him a small smile and kept walking."Yeah this place gives me a bad vibe."Cassiel had a slight shiver go down his back from the bad aura he got.

"I'm sure it's nothing guys. Let's just ignore it and keep going." Laura was just as eager as everyone else to get out of there, but moments later, when the sun had fully risen in the sky, they heard the clanking of metal armor which soon was followed by 50 soldiers carrying a shield none of them had ever seen before.

Leading them was Chief Ezra himself.

Bartimus let go of Meela and stood next to her as he drew his one handed long sword. And Meela pulled out a dagger which would do more damage with her using it. Cassiel and Laura growled at them all while Camden scanned the area to see how many there were.

"From 45-50 of them." He whispered so only they could hear."We can take 'em." Bartimus held his sword tight in his grip."Have you come to cause more trouble?" Laura's voice pierced the eery silence of the forest.

Ezra chuckled."You could say that." His soldiers all held up their shields in order to distract the group of friends."What are you up to?" Meela became suspicious seeing none of them attacking."You'll find out soon." he chuckled.

Him and his soldiers were the only ones that knew what would happen next as one of his men snuck around behind the group and took out the secret weapon.

He aimed it and Fired.

Nothing could be heard through the dead silence except for the shot of a bullet,

And the sound of a body hitting the ground with a thud.

And just like that, everyone's lives changed within that single moment.