I remember you

Wings spread beyond mortal eyes sight, guarding.. protecting.

There owner dreaming.

There body had faded, as right now they needed no avatar to guard.

Shell whispered in his sleep, sinking deeper.

Seeking.

Forgotten...

Scattered.

-----

With a gasp a child woke, amber shading to gold eye lights opened.

"Where... am I?" the child asked confused, there were in a city of some type.

Slowly they got to there feet, staring in fascination at the fact they had bone hands.

They were a skeleton?

Humming they walked outside the alleyway they'd found himself in, taking in the sights of the city as its inhabitants moved ever forward in there lives.

It was only then that they caught sight of there reflection, curious he walked over for a closer look.

They were tiny, maybe four years old at the youngest, he had a red tattoo beside there left eye. A slim golden necklaces with a four-pointed star- a save point, to be precise- dangling in the front shimmered, catching any light and reflecting it off his front.

They wore long sleeve shirts with a gradient that faded from white to the same yellow hue as the stars on their necklaces. Simple black pants were paired with midnight blue combat boots, complete with tiny dangling save stars on the ends of the laces. To complete the rather striking look, hooded midnight blue cloaks lay over the rest. If someone stared long enough, they would swear that they saw stars falling in the dark fabric.

"This is me, am I a girl or a boy?" they asked there reflection, there of course was no answer and of course the child didn't really understand the concept of gender.

"Hmmm?" they hummed a bit in confusion, something drawing them deeper into the city. Since it looked like they knew where they were going, the humans and monsters didn't try to stop them. Which they knew they should, as they looked much to young to wonder alone.

Yet they would not, even if they had been noticed.

Being what they were they would never being stopped.

Mind you, what they were actually they could not remember.

"A school?" the child mused, as the tugging finally ceased.

Teenagers were either in class or hanging about outside, they could see a gym class in a nearby field.

Without care the child wondered into the school, everyone's eyes sliding off them and walking around them without notice.

'This is Najverse' there mind finally supplied, they kept walking. Then paused and waiting, for down the hall was the being that called them.

'Error' they thought... no.... "Mercy," the child said out loud to the other being.

A hand reached out and paused, the other could not see them... even if they wanted him to.

"Who blinded you real eyes and where is your other half?" they whispered softly, gently they touched the others chest sending a healing inside to there soul. It wasn't much, as they themselves were mere fragments o.... of... they did not know.

"Get well Mercy," they said and wondered away, moments later they were gone from the verse also.

-----

How they got there ot here, the child did not know but it was useful.

A slim figure walked agitated back and forth, a scowl on there face and also unable to see the child. They were angrily muttering about Lust and Reaper, and there toy.

Toy?

This was Ink, the protector and creator of this multiverse.

Or rather they should have been.

That face his another behind its code, a puppet body covered by the puppeteers corruption.

"Light?" They said, gently reached forward and somehow scooped a speck of fragmented light off the puppet.

Children laughing and playing, a field no mortal would ever see.

There best friend other then there twin, smiling joyful and happy.

The child gasped, backing away confused.

"Fai-Fai?" they asked confused, not understanding how this corrupted broken being could be the child from there fragmented lost memories. For briefly standing there, was not a fragment of Shell that remembered but Soul.

Still confused, they faded away back into there greater whole.