Shapeshifting 101

"Hey, Ink!" Dream called. He'd been wandering the woods around the Star Sanses base, and caught sight of Ink, doodling in a sketchbook.

"Heya, Dream!" Ink said cheerfully, looking up from his art book.

Dream froze, finding himself staring into points of glowing amber, fading into gold.

Falling...

Falling...

An endless field of stars.

"Dream! Dream, snap out of it!" A voice cried worriedly, he came to with someone shaking his body.

"Ink?" Dream said fuzzily, everything slowly coming back into focus.

Colorful eyelights gazed at him worriedly, a small frown marring his friend's usually cheerful face.

"Sorry, Dream. I forgot I'd let out a bit of power," Ink said nervously.

"Let out?" Dream asked, bewildered.

Wait, Ink was even more powerful?

Well... his friend was a god.

Even if he forgot half the time what Ink truly was.

"I seal most of my power away, to keep from effecting the world around me too much. Usually, my eyes change to show when I'm leaking any power," Ink said, his eyelights briefly flickering to the shining golden discs he had seen earlier before going back to normal.

"Right, next you'll tell me you can shapeshift," Dream sighed.

Ink shuffled his feet on the ground guiltily, looking down.

"Stars, Ink," Dream groaned, facepalming.

OoOoO

Somehow, the trio ended up back in their shared bedroom. Blue was vibrating on his bed, and Dream just looked so very done with everything. (Snow: snort of course.)

"So yeah, I can shapeshift. I just haven't done it in a very long time. No need to, really," Ink said, a bit of an embarrassed rainbow blush on his face.

"Really? Show me!" Blue said happily. "

You sure?" Ink asked surprised, in the past, people had reacted with fear when he had revealed this ability.

Heck, he'd used this shape since the 4th AU he had created.

"Go ahead," Dream said.

Ink grinned, and suddenly, a kitty version of Ink was on his bed.

"So cuuuute!" Blue cried, and Ink immediately switched back to his main form, not wanting to be hugged to death.

"I'm guessing you couldn't shapeshift when you were split?" Dream asked, leaning over.

"More like I didn't remember I could," Ink said dryly.

Blue giggled.

"You know, I was curious, and most AUs, even the Original, have stories of Gods. Non AU created ones, that is. Some of them didn't sound like you?" Dream asked, Ink blushed a bit.

"I use to shift a lot between certain forms before I ended up with this one. I really don't have a true form," Ink admitted. At that, Blue and Dream stared for a moment.

"Is the twins Gods Chaos and Order one of your forms?" Blue finally asked, breaking the wall a bit as Swap Sanses are prone to do.

"Yup," Ink grinned, before suddenly, there were two Inks in his place.

The pair's identical figures were impossible to tell apart unless one knew what to look for, as the only difference between them was a tattoo. The one on the right, who they'd soon find was Chaos, had a small tattoo beside his left eye socket that was red, and Order, on the left, had a matching one on the right that was blue.

The twins were only barely taller than Blue, with large, sparkling amber eyelights- bordering on golden- that shone like stars. Their slim figures and delicate bone structure gave them an androgynous appearance, with it being difficult to tell if they were male or female until they spoke.

Slim golden necklaces with a four-pointed star- a save point, to be precise- dangling in the front shimmered, catching any light and reflecting it.

They wore long-sleeve shirts with a gradient that faded from white to the same yellow hue as the stars on their necklaces. Simple black pants were paired with midnight blue combat boots, complete with tiny dangling save stars on the ends of the laces.

To complete the rather striking look, hooded midnight blue cloaks lay over the rest. If someone stared long enough, they would swear that they saw stars falling in the dark fabric.

((Yes! Order and Chaos were Stolen from Shell. Lol))

"Ohhhhhhhhh," Blue exclaimed excitedly, already imagining the pranking possibilities.

"How are there two of you?" Dream asked, curious.

"Oh, Order's form is an Avatar, think of it as an extension," Ink chirped.

"Can other people learn to shapeshift?" Blue asked, a bit too eager for Dream's liking.

"Sure," Ink said happily, and he began to explain how. Dream started taking notes, but his eyelights were a bit glazed when Ink started talking about Phantom Void math.

END