Reaching

Let's all thank Snow who finished editing this before dropping to bed exhausted, she has school in the morning so I'm glad she made time for this.

"A sleepover?" Blue and Ink questioned.

"Yes, somewhere other then the base. Play games, eat junk food and have fun," Dream said, smiling.

"That's pretty much what we do when everyone's at base," Blue pointed out. After all, now that Ink was keeping the balance properly, Nightmare's gang wasn't causing much trouble, so they rarely had big missions.

"It's not the same," Dream said with a golden glare.

"Where would we have it, and should we invite anyone else?" Ink asked curiously.

"I'll find a good AU, you guys figure out who to invite," Dream said with a smile before he portalled out.

"This is his way of trying to get Nightmare to come around again, isn't it?" Blue asked dryly.

"Of course it is," Ink snickered.

OoOoO

"Ack," Cross squawked, falling backwards in surprise as Ink suddenly appeared in front of him.

"Sorry, Cross," he said, helping the black and white clothed skeleton to his feet.

"Starsdammit, Ink! You did this as Error and you still do it as Ink," Cross grumbled in irritation. I

t had been a weird... adjustment, for them after meeting Error, or rather, Ink.

It had taken three fights, five hours of explanations, a chalk board with weird math, and cookies for them to finally believe it... oh, and Killer punching the god twice.

It helped that Ink could still take his Error form, but only when asked, because apparently the glitches came with the body and actually hurt.

But he would deal with the pain for his friends.

Cross would admit that not hurting was a good reason not to take a form.

"Where's Nightmare?" Ink asked, his ever-changing eyelights looking around for the goopy being.

"Somewhere outside," Cross replied.

Ink nodded and slipped out the house, his long scarf trailing behind him.

Although it had gone unnoticed by Cross, the scarf had changed from brown to blue.

OoOoO

Nightmare watched the evening sky from high in a tree, hugging his legs close to his chest.

It was beautiful, and looked like something that Ink might paint.

The sound of footsteps caught his attention, and peering down through the leafy green branches, he blinked in surprise at seeing Error.

In some ways, the god's Ink form did make him uncomfortable, he hadn't realized until that moment that Error had noticed.

"I'm up here," he called, and the god's mismatched eyelights looked up at him.

"Give me a second," Error said, and a blink later, he was perched on the branch next to him.

"What brings you this way?" Nightmare asked, he knew Error was a busy god. While he had used those long 'missing' months working, there were still multiple things to fix. Heck, even Horror's AU had been stabilized.

When Horror had last visited, he had been missing the giant gap in his skull, and looked like he was eating better, and something that was not human or monster flesh.

"Dream wants a sleepover, and while I'm not saying anything, he would love for you to come and the others too. Pretty much a peace offering," Error said after a few minutes.

"What Dreams wants is something I can't give him. This isn't something I can turn off," Nightmare said, pointing down at the ooze coating his body.

"So all you need is an on-off button," Error said with a grin.

"It doesn't work like that," Nightmare replied dryly.

Error reached over with his hand.

All Nightmare could see was gold... gold... gold.

OoOoO

In the end, the sleepover ended up being in Blue's AU.

Probably because they were the least likely to try and attack the Dark Sans.

That, and Blue gave them such a cheerful, sunny smile... why did that make them want to run in terror?

Cough...

Anyway, Dream had rented a large farmhouse, big enough they wouldn't all be tripping over each other.

He had food, blankets, sleeping bags, movies, junk food for days, and bedrooms if one preferred a bed.

"This is going TO BE AWESOME!" Blue cried happily.

Reaper and Geno had already arrived, and Classic had just appeared on a couch, already sleeping.

Blue ran to the kitchen to stop Papyrus from making spaghetti.

When did Classic and his brother get here?

"Woohoo! Sleepover!" An excited voice cried, and a second later, Cross rushed in.

"Yeah," Killer and Dust cheered, as dryly and sarcastically as they could, from behind Cross.

Then walked in Ink.

And...

"Nightmare?" he asked, shocked.

His brother, childlike and untouched by the apples.

"Sorry we're late," Nightmare said softly.

For this, Dream would have waited an eternity.

OoOoO

Nightmare hadn't expected to see his child form under the corruption, but really, he should've.

Dream was staying within two to five feet of him, knowing that once the sleepover was over, they'd be separated again.

Ink flopped down in a nest of blankets in a corner with a yawn. Nightmare noticed that Killer was napping in a chair, and Dust was playing video games with Geno of all people while Reaper watched. Blue and Papyrus were in the kitchen making s'mores, somehow managing to not add in extras. Classic was... somewhere else?

Nightmare plopped down in the blankets too, somehow the 'on-off' button left him feeling exhausted when powered down.

A sound caught his attention, and when he turned to look, he saw that Ink had fallen asleep. Staring, he shifted deeper into Ink's blanket nest, allowing himself to sleep. He even noticed Dream joining them a bit later.

In the morning, the others would discover then sleeping, Dream and Nightmare curled around Ink and each other too tightly for anyone to separate.

Nightmare would never admit how much he had missed this.