𝟎𝟑𝟏. girl talk

━━━━˚🌹👑🐉⋆˚━━━━
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗟 𝟮

━━━━⋆。˚🌹👑🐉⋆。˚━━━━❝ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗟 𝟮 ❞

𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊
Jay, sit your ass down.

{THIRD PERSON POV}

All of them made it to Auradon from what felt like a long, awkward car drive.

"I'll get these back to the gym," Lonnie told Jay as the group walked in the courtyard.

"Thanks," Jay told the daughter of Mulan.

"See you later," Lonnie said before walking away.

"Ben, there you are," Jane said as she walked over to Ben, "The Cotillion is tonight. Come here," Jane showed him the surprise for Mal, "Look, this is the stained glass for Mal. Isn't it beautiful? She's gonna love it."

Ben turned to Mal, who was standing there, lost in thought, "Do you want to cancel?" Ben asked Mal, quietly but Jane heard him.

"Um," Jane said, awkwardly, "You know, I can come back-"

"No, no, no," Ben cut off Jane, "No, no. Now's fine," Ben said before turning to Mal, "Do whatever you need to do," Ben told Mal before walking off with Jane.

Isaac, Elijah, and Evie walked over to Mal. Elijah and Evie grabbed Mal's arms while Isaac gripped on Elijah's arm.

"We need to talk," Evie told Mal.

"Like right now," Elijah added.

"Yeah," Mal said before they started to walk away but someone stopped them.

"No," Carlos said, causing the four to turn to look at him.

"No?" Isaac asked, confused.

"You guys are always going off in a huddle, whispering your 'girl talk' stuff or whatever," Carlos told them, quoting the words girl talk with his hand, "Jay and I are tired of it."

"I'm not," Jay told the girls and boys.

"We're your family, too," Carlos told the girls, softly, "We've been through a lot. Together. We're not stopping that now, okay?" Carlos continued, "Everyone sit," Carlos ordered. They all looked at him, weirdly before sitting down on the grass. They looked at Carlos, waiting for him to start the girl talk, "I don't know how to start girl talk," Carlos admitted before looking at Jay.

 They looked at Carlos, waiting for him to start the girl talk, "I don't know how to start girl talk," Carlos admitted before looking at Jay

"What up?" Jay asked, also unsure how to start the conversation, causing Isaac, Elijah and Evie to laugh a little.

"Um, well," Mal started, "I'm a mess. I'm such a mess," Mal nervously chuckled as Isaac rubbed his sister's shoulder, "I mean, six months ago I was, you know, stealing candies from babies and now everybody wants me to this Lady of the Court and I have no idea how to keep up the act," Mal's voice cracked a little at the end.

"Then don't," Carlos told Mal, like it was simply.

"See, this was dumb," Jay said as he started to stand up.

Elijah slapped Jay's arm which stopped him, "Jay, sit your ass down."

"Maybe it wasn't," Isaac told Jay, "I mean, we were born on the Isle of the Lost. We were raised there, and we got an opportunity to live here in Auradon. We may act like we are from here. But, nothing is going to change that we are from the Isle," Isaac grabbed Mal's hand and squeezed it, "Nothing."

"We're always going to be the kids from the Isle. I tried to forget, I really tried but those are our roots and we all did what we had to do to survive," Elijah continued for Isaac as he smiled at Isaac, who smiled back.

"But it made us who we are and we are never going to be like anyone else here and that's okay. That's okay," Evie finished for Elijah.

"And we can't fake it," Carlos said, softly.

"Yeah, I mean, especially without my spell book," Mal mentioned.

"Mal, if Ben doesn't love the real you, then he's not the one," Carlos advised Mal.

"I like that," Elijah said. Isaac smiled as he thought about the advice.

"Give him a chance," Carlos told Mal.

"I'm going to make some changes to your dress," Evie told Mal, "And if you're up for it, only if you're up for it, it'll be waiting for you," Evie hugged Mal before she stood up with Isaac, Elijah, Carlos and Jay, leaving Mal with her thoughts. Jay looked back at Mal for a second before going to sit in front of her.

"Come to Cotillion tonight, alright?" Jay told Mal, softly, "If Ben isn't smart enough to love you and you can't stand another day. I'll drive you back tomorrow myself, okay?" Jay smiled at Mal causing Mal to smile back.

"Ok," Mal said, quietly before Jay stood up and walked away.

"If only I knew what my heart was telling me. Don't know what I'm feeling. Is this just a dream?" Mal sang softly, "Ah oh, yeah If only I could read the signs in front of me I could find the way to who I'm meant to be Ah oh, if only, If only."

"What am I gonna do?" Mal mumbled to herself.