Chapter Six

"How was your date?" Roan asked as he started the car.

"Eh," Kai replied, "Turns out we don't have much in common when we're not talking about our english project."

"No second date, then?" Roan questioned.

"Nah. I'll have to break it to her though," Kai said, and Roan nodded, "What about you?"

"What about me?" Roan asked.

"How was your date?"

"It wasn't a date," Roan answered, "We're just hooking up. He's hot."

"Javier, right? That's his name?" Kai asked.

"Yeah."

"He's in my physics class. He gets sent to detention a lot." Kai pointed out.

"He's a bit of a troublemaker," Roan agreed, "But he's hot."

"I guess." Kai shrugged.

"What?" Roan smirked, "You're straight so you can't find other men hot now? You have eyes."

"I.. Uh.. Yeah, he's hot." Kai pursed his lips as he said so.

"Hm," Roan hummed, "A good kisser too, he does this thing with his tongue that just absolutely drives me cra—"

"Okay, okay, enough," Kai stopped him from continuing further, "I don't really wanna hear about your sex life, no offense."

"Hearing about my sexy life never bothered you before." Roan pointed out.

"You never gave me details before," Kai muttered, "Can you just drive? We're getting late for the party."

"Fashionably late," Roan continued when Kai didn't say anything back, "You're right though, we're late and I don't want to keep Javier waiting."

"He's going to be there?" Kai asked.

"Of course."

"Did you invite him?" Kai questioned.

"Yes."

"Oh." Kai hummed.

"Any problem?" It was Roan's turn to question him.

"Why would I have a problem?" Kai rose a brow.

"Don't know," Roan shrugged, "You tell me."

"You're annoying." Kai grumbled.

"No, you."

~~~

Roan was somewhere on the dance floor, with some random girl on one side and Javier on the other. They were both moving their bodies against his, and normally he would've been very turned on, but currently he couldn't care less as he couldn't remove his eyes from his best friend.

Kai was sitting on a couch, drinking non stop from the red cup as he spoke to Marco. Once again he was smiling and laughing, reminding Roan of that day during lunch in the cafeteria. Kai laughed a lot, and he was an expressive person, but something about seeing him so open with Marco just pissed Roan off.

Javier was kissing down Roan's neck, and the girl was grinding her ass against his dick, but he wasn't aroused at all. Kai finally turned towards him and caught his eye. Roan smirked at him, for some reason he wanted Kai to think that he was having fun, even though he really wasn't.

Kai turned a bright red at the scene in front of him, and it seemed like he had an equal amount of trouble removing his eyes from his best friend. He finally turned away when Marco kept a hand on his arm to demand his attention towards him. Roan narrowed his eyes at Marco, glaring at him even though the latter wasn't looking towards him.