Chapter Twelve

"I can't believe you guys came." Roan said with a sigh as he hugged Betty and Lucia once the game was over.

"It was your first game! Of course we had to come!" Betty said as she squeezed her son's cheeks.

"Mom," Roan whined as he tried to free himself, "But your project at work—"

"You," Lucia said sharply as she pointed her finger at Roan's chest, "Are more important than any work."

"And my baby won!" Betty grinned as she hugged Roan once more.

"Are you going to ride home with us?" Lucia asked.

"If it's okay then I'll ride back with the team. Team spirit and all, you know." Roan said.

"We'll see you for dinner then." Lucia kissed Roan's cheek.

"Yes! I'm gonna make your fav— Kai! Oh my god, Kai!" Betty yelled as she waved her arm, "Over here! Kai!"

"Mama Bets!" Kai hugged Betty tightly as he chuckled, he looked towards Roan once he let go, "Coach is rounding us all up, Cap."

"Alright, I gotta go now, I'll see you both at home." Roan said to his moms.

"Come over for dinner, okay? I'm making apple pie." Betty said to Kai.

"You're the best." Kai kissed her cheek before the two boys bid goodbye to the moms.

Once the Coach was done rounding up everyone and telling the boys that he was proud of them, they all set back for a four hour journey home. Roan mostly slept throughout the bus ride, an on and off sleep where you're half asleep and half awake. He couldn't sleep much the night before, he was one of those people that have trouble sleeping if they're not in their own bed, and of course everything with Kai was on his mind too.

Thankfully, he didn't let Kai or what happened between them the night before and during the morning affect his game. Despite having the disadvantage of it being an away game, they still won by a landslide.

Kai was acting normal. So normal that Roan kept wondering if the morning actually happened or if he had just hallucinated it all. Or maybe it was a dream, his subconscious taunting him. But no, the clarity of which Roan remembered Kai's face as the brunette orgasmed was too vivid to just be imagination.

It had to be real.

"Are we going to the after party?" Kai asked as the two got off the bus at the school and walked towards Roan's car that was still in the parking lot.

"After party?" Roan yawned.

"Yeah, Kingsley is throwing a party 'cause we won and all." Kai informed.

"How Kingsley's house hasn't burned down yet is something I don't understand," Roan sighed, "I'm tired. But I know I need to show my face so I'll go for like an hour after dinner."

"Cool. I'll leave when you do." Kai nodded.

"You can stay longer if you want." Roan said.

"Nah, man. I'd rather leave once you do," Kai paused for a second before continuing, "Can I stay over tonight?"

"Sure," Roan said without a thought. He turned towards his best friend to see the slightest hint of nervousness, "Is everything cool though? You've been spending a lot of nights at mine."

"Yeah. Sorry. It's all cool."

"No, no Kai," Roan furrowed his brows, "I'm not saying it because I.. mind it or anything. I mean, we're gonna be roommates soon anyway. But, like, is anything up?"