Chapter Ten

"Man, I hate long bus rides." Kai groaned as he opened the window beside him to let in some fresh air.

"It's only four hours." Roan said.

"Four miserable hours!" Kai said, "These seats are so uncomfortable."

"Stop complaining." Roan replied.

"Why didn't we just take your car? Coach Z wouldn't have cared." Kai asked.

"Because we travel as a team," Roan sighed, "I'm the captain. Team spirit, remember?"

"Team spirit my ass." Kai whispered, but it was loud enough for Roan to hear.

"If you don't shut up I'll go sit next to Khaled." Roan warned.

"Cool. Go," Kai shrugged, making Roan roll his eyes. Roan was about to get up when Kai continued, "I'll just ask Marco to sit with me."

Roan sat back down and snapped his head towards Kai, giving the smirking brunette a hard glare. Kai was aware of how Roan felt about Marco, well, not Marco specifically but when Kai and Marco were together. Even though there was nothing to worry about since both of them were straight.

"Someday I'm going to gag you and tie you up." Roan muttered under his breath.

"Kinky." Kai replied with a wink.

"Fuck off."

"Love you too." Kai grinned as he plugged his earphones in. He wore one in his left ear, and handed the other one to Roan. The four hour journey wasn't as bad as Kai anticipated, afterall.

~~~

"You all know your room assignments. I want everyone in bed and asleep by 10. Got it?" Coach Ziegler said. They had stopped at some diner for dinner while on their way, and were staying at a cheap three star hotel for the night before the game the next afternoon.

"Yes Coach!" The boys said in unison.

"Who am I even kidding.." Coach Z muttered to himself as he left the boys to go to his own room after giving Roan all the keys.

"Go to your rooms and freshen up," Roan said as he handed the keys out, "Meeting in Marco's room in thirty minutes. That's room 304."

The boys dispersed after that to go to their own rooms. As soon as Roan and Kai entered their room, Kai dropped his bag on the ground and plopped on the queen sized bed. Roan rolled his eyes as he closed the door behind him.

"I'm going to take a shower." Roan called out, only to get a vague groan from Kai as a reply. Roan opened his bag and took out his towel before going into the bathroom.

After a quick shower, Roan wrapped the towel around his waist and walked back into the room. Kai was laying on the bed now, with his back against the headboard. He was on his phone, and looked up when he heard the bathroom door open and shut.

They had seen each other shirtless, even naked, plenty of times, which is why Roan found it amusing when Kai's cheeks turned a bright red and his eyes roamed up and down Roan's body. Roan cleared his throat, making Kai look up to his face, at which Roan lifted an eyebrow in question. Kai didn't say anything as he looked back down at his phone.

"Everything okay?" Roan asked as he picked out a t-shirt and pair of sweatpants from his bag.

"Yeah," Kai said as he got up from the bed and walked towards Roan, he unzipped his bag as he stood in front of the blonde, "I think, uh, I'll just take a quick shower too."