C.H.A.P.T.E.R 10

The next morning:

After a long sleep, Evelyn opened her eyes slowly in order to better adjust to the sunlight, judging from the strong radiation outside of the windows, it must be past 10 in the morning.

Stretching out her aching limbs she turned to the table next to her bed and sure enough it was already 11:30 am, not that it matters after all her husband will be more thrilled to not seeing her or have her around.

Finally after a few more moments of stretching, she walked to the bathroom and took a long and relaxing bath. Then, wore a simple outfit that was prepared beforehand (must be the doing of Mrs Higgins).

After a little bit of thinking she decided to keep on a natural look without any make up .

A.N: he outfit with its accessories is up there☝

Walking out of her room and heading towards the kitchen to grab something to eat, she was almost there when suddenly a small ball of energy hugged her legs.

Taken aback by the sudden intruder. Nevertheless, it's not like she didn't expect her. Quite the opposite, she's surprise that the little devil didn't attack her till now ( must be Mrs. Higgins treaten to not buy her anymore electronic devices).

Happy to see her baby girl again, Evelyn crouched down and took her in her arms hugging her tightly. It's been quite the while since she last saw her.

Both Lauren and Evelyn stayed like that for a while happy to meet each other again until Mr. Higgins coughs so he could catch their attention.

Regaining her composure, she felt the blood rushing to her cheeks, after all she was still in the presence of the elders. Holding Lauren in her arms, she continued her way to the table where there's a super served on the table.

Before taking a seat, Evelyn putting Lauren on the floor she turned her attention back to both the Higgins and bowed deep expressing her apologize for disturbing their rest yesterday and thanking them for their warm hospitality.

Although, it used to be a usual accuracy to see her around the house most of the time as she spent a few years before her marriage visiting once in a while. Weather, to play with Lauren or to visit Arron before he went aboard.

She was at their house more times then they could remember. That most of the time they forgot she was not their daughter. Still they were more then happy to indulge her as one.

After what she did for them, this was but a small portion compared to the huge favour she did them.

So it was no surprise that both of them refused to accept her bow and asked her to join them for the breakfast. Taking a seat with them, she accepted their invitation. She sat on the nearest chair next to them and settled Lauren in her lap out of habit.

Looking at the table full of delicious food that smelled wonderful, she heard her stomach letting out small sounds to express its eagerness. Feeling ashamed, she tried to control the blush that rises to her cheeks.

Looking to each other Mrs Higgins let out a small laugh and said: " oh darling don't be shy, you're not a stranger after all please be at ease and choose whatever that you like. I asked the Chiefs to prepare your favourite dishes though I hope I didn't make any mistake since it's been so long since you last visited "

Happy with how his wife eased the mood, Mr Higgins added : " Evelyn sweetheart it doesn't matter if it's been a day or a year since you last been here, please always remember that thought not through blood you'll always be a Higgins and no one has a say in the matter "