C.H.A.P.T.E.R 1

SLAP!!!

Evelyn's head turned sharply as her husband's hand connected with her cheek, the force of the blow sending her sprawling to the floor. She felt a series of blows rain down on her body, each one causing her agony.

It wasn't the first time she had been on the receiving end of his violence, but each time it seemed to be worse than the last.

Despite the pain, she clenched her fists, determined not to give him the satisfaction of seeing her weakness.

After five years of marriage, she still hoped that he would change, that things would get better between them. But as she looked up at him, she knew the truth. This man, the one she had once loved with all her heart, was nothing more than a monster.

The storm of emotions in his dark eyes was a clear indication that he no longer cared to hide his true feelings from her.

Even after all of his mistreatment and constant humiliation, she had held onto the hope that someday they would find a way to make it work. But now, she finally understood that she had never stood a chance from the very beginning.

The metallic taste in her mouth and the pain throughout her body threatened to overwhelm her, but she refused to cry out. She slowly, firmly rose to her feet, looking him straight in the eyes. She could see the message he was sending: she was nothing more than a stepping stone in his path to build his legacy.

How had she been so blind? She had foolishly believed his lies and broken promises, sacrificing everything for him. All her struggles and heartbreaks in order to build their business empire had been wasted on this scum of a husband, who had taken it all to indulge his cheap mistress.

If she had been told this five years ago, she would have laughed it off, arrogantly thinking she was above such a fate. But now, after five years of struggling in a failed marriage, she had finally reached her breaking point.

That slap weighed more heavily than any hit or torture ever could, and she felt a sense of humiliation washing over her.

Several minutes passed in total silence. Suddenly, a dry laugh filled the mansion, echoing through each of its corners.

Evelyn laughed hard until tears stained her cheeks. She gave her husband one final look and then silently turned around and walked out the door.

--------------------

Out of the Mansion

In the middle of the night, Evelyn walked the streets alone, aimlessly. She couldn't wait patiently any longer.

Her husband's actions just now had spoken volumes, and this time, his message was clear: He was planning to cut her off and dispose of her

After all these years, she had finally lost all her worth to him. The question that loomed over her however was: how is he planning to do it ?

The fear that gripped her heart was palpable. Unfortunately, when she needed a shoulder to cry on the most she realised that she had never felt more alone.

---------------------
A.N So this is how it all started I hope you get a glimpse of what awaits us in the next few chapters

Stay safe and healthy dear friend 😄