C.H.A.P.T.E.R 13

Well surprise 🎉 surprise 🎉 as an apologise for my belated new year wishes I decided to update two chapters yes TWO CHAPTERS 🎊🎊🎊

Enjoy
---------------------

Inside the office

After Evelyn's departure, the air in the office was very tensed as much as Amanda liked to calm down and restore her composure she couldn't just get over what has just occurred between her and Evelyn.

Amanda's POV

I can't accept it!!!! I can't !!!! she is wrong, she knows nothing about what really happened, knows nothing about me. She's just like everyone else, they all seemed interested at first and tries to console you showing they understand yet they taunt you once things gets ugly.

How many times I've heard those same words. But, did any of them bother to ask me for what I want, thay all just assume by mentioning what happened back then I'll agree to help them with whatever they need.

WELL BREAKING NEWS : I am fed up with people who are trying to climb up the ladder through me. Do they truly believe I'm this ignorant, don't they understand that I know exactly what they think of; they want the Wilson's backing and nothing else.

I thought I was over being disappointed by such a situations. So why am I reacting this strongly this time? I won't lie this time this Mrs. Pittman's word hit me close. It felt like I was suffocating while listening to her speaking.

Breathing deeply again this time I was able to calm down a bit. I looked from my lap where I was looking for the past half hour to my desk, signing I grab my phone looked at the clock seeing it was lunch time I know for one no work will be done with me in this state so I walked directly to the human resources department and asked for a half day leave.

Living the firm and getting in my car was all blurry to me but I kept myself together I can't risk breaking down before I get inside my apartment, my only zone of comfort for the past few years.

This time with a determined look in my eyes I set for my apartment.

Mrs. Pittman was it? I'll make sure to remember you

Evelyn's POV

I was looking out of the window as we drove silently for the past 10 minutes.

At this point the view has changed a lot since we started our journey. We have long passed the city and currently we're driving at its outskirts.

You can clearly make the difference between the lively view of the big city and this rural part of it. Contrary to the high buildings and busy streets, here there rarely appear a car on the road. Besides, the buildings were small and scattered all around the place. There were even some that appeared to be evaluated at some point, plus those that are very risky to live yet you could clearly see some signs there still some life in them.

all was too well until all of sudden the car that was before us abruptly stopped in the middle of the road. Not knowing what was going on, the chauffeur got out of the car to take a look at what happened.

I looked away from the window and followed the back of the driver to get a clearer look. It appears a group of men were running frankly all around the place looking for something or maybe someone. Anyway, as long as its not my business I'm not interested so I turned my face to my window again.

A few minutes later I've heard the door next to me from the other side open. Thinking it might be the driver, I turned to see what he may needs.

But to my surprise what I saw was out of my imagination. Between my eyes was what looked like the head of a gun, following the hand holding the gun I saw a young man in his early twenties. The man's face was a piece of art, even though I've been around a lot of handsome guys before, hell even my husband is handsome himself. Yet,   there's something refreshing about this young man's looks.