C.H.A.P.T.E.R 2

Gallagher's History

As an old aristocratic family with solid foundation, The Gallaghers where a well known scholar family,

They also owned a small business of antics and art that hold historical value before the war.

Nevertheless, with their honest personalities and the professional way they do their business. It grown dramaticly with time and so did their reputation.

They attracked a considerable amount of attention and many wished to do business with them. As a result they became a giant among giants of their field.

However, things were bound to change once the war started.

Written in history, stories about their great contribution and loyalty to the H Country. As they sacrificed all of their sources and man power for their country's independence.

Their efforts didn't mean only giving away their money and manpower. They also arranged for those who couldn't wild a sword go to look after the uneducated citizens and help teach them secretly (as it was highly prohibited by the enemy).

Therefore, hand in hand they all fought tooth and nails in order to get back their freedom.

Their great help and efforts was not neglect nor forgotten. Hence, after the war ended with their country as the victorious part, they where presented the name of " Marquis". Also, they were gifted by the new ruler himself with a special seal.

This seal represents the ruler himself and if someone was to present this ring it would be akin to be confronted with the king himself.

Though, as tempting as it seems, this seal can grants only three wishes of its holder (he/she must be a descendent of the Gallagher) no matter what their wish was and from whom in their H country (I'll be using codes to refer to the countries and cities)

With this gift the statue of the Gallagher family sky roked and thus became one of the leading families of their country alongside four other familys.

But no matter how impressive that may sound it can't hold a candle to the family's great loss. As they have dealt with a huge loss of their family members : her three uncles where the first to fall in the battle since they were in the board lines in constant conflicts with the enemy.

Her father though more lucky then his brothers was spared from the battlefield. As a scholar and in order to keep at least a decendent of the family i.e keeping the Gallagher blood line. His mission was to help educate the citizens .

Following her uncles death was the death of her grandpa who was heart broken over the fall of his three sons. As a result, the old retired general went to war in order to get revenge for them.

After ten years of resistance, they finally turned victorious and her brave grandpa happily reunited with his dead sons after months of defending the boarders.

That night, the first night of their independence has passed silently with few sobs here and some wails there.

Unfortunately, it was not the last of it as in that night a part of the losing army refused to return with shame. They gathered each other and attacked in the middle of the night.

Taken by surprise, the night turned to a bloody massacre. Blood was shed everywhere it didn't matter if there were women or children, youngsters or old they were all slayed.

Eventually, a long nightmare has came to an end after the enemy was defeated.

Many families had been partially if not totally destroyed. Their family as many was not spared and was left with only her father and grandmother as the main holders of the family's name.

This was one of the reasons for their new ruler to gift them the seal. (with no dependent no one is going to use it anyway and he can maintain his benevolent image and gain the people's support and trust especially the loyal ones at the same time which would help solidify his standing on the throne ) .

At that time the seal turned out to be but a curse in disguise.

-----------------

Evelyn's childhood

Evelyn as her parents - Amory Gallagher and Emilia Hoagland - named her was the princess they longed for after 8 years in their marriage ( Evelyn: PRONUNCED "ave + leen" a name thought to have Norman roots that means "wished-for" or "longed-for child" ).

Their situation as childless meant there was no heir for their fortune which fuelled their far relatives greed .

As a result, they started sending their children to them one after the other hoping that they will adopt him/her or at least win their favor. May be then the child will be able to inherit their statue and money.

As her parents been the sole remaining main branch of the once prestigious "Gallagher" family lacked none of it.

However, her birth has put their plans on hold.

Though not for long, when she was 3 years old because of an accident her parents passed away leaving her with her old grandma and with huge inheritance .

Due to the efforts of her grandma she was able to cut ways for her relatives greed and their vicious attempt to swallow what her parents left her with.

As such Evelyn was raised with silver spoon in her mouth and never lacked anything. She was well cared for and loved by everyone around her.

Again, this happiness didn't last for long.

On her 12 birthday, her loving grandma passed away leaving her a prey for her uncle and aunt's greed as well as a subject of jealousy for her dear cousin.

Without a further delay once her grandma's funeral passed they extended their dirty hands to her.

Not long after, by her fourteenth birthday most of the inheritance was moved to them.

Once an adult at the age of eighteen she became worthless. As such they gladly throw her out, making her lead a wandering life for five years.

------------

P. S: Up there👆 is Evelyn's photo when she was fourteen years old

Also, please note that I needed this part to help me build up my story's plot and I especially put it first in order to clarify things later

Last notice : I say and repeat this is not a melodrama nor is it an know-it-all-powerful-female-lead type of stories, it is a story with a plot where there are ups and downs at the same time each character has it's own story and development.

Thank you for reading this chapter see you soon