C.H.A.P.T.E.R 12

Meilleurs vœux pour l'année 2022, pleine de joie, de bonheur et de bonne santé, loin de Covidxx plus de progression et de prospérité.

Heureuse année 2022 : La réussite et le succès à toutes choses, la santé a grande dose et que le bonheur soit à son apothéose

Happy belated New Year 🎉🎉🎉🎉
-------------

After a pregnant moment between the two; lawyer and client Ms. Wilson opted to break the silence. Coughing a bit to regain her composure she said:" Mrs. Pittman I'm honored that you are confident enough in my abilities as a lawyer and sought me out of the many options you have. But, I don't know if you ever looked for a lawyer before and thus you mistook me for someone else but what I know is in this field of work this is not how to ask for a lawyer to help you nor is the way to fill out a suitcase"

Evelyn was not surprised by her reaction, so continued:" Pardon my neglect I tend to forget that not everyone's IQ is high enough to talk business with, let me rephrase what I said before Ms.Wilson are you perhaps interested in restoring your reputation as a capable lawyer and wash away the shame of the case five years ago ?"

The look on the lawyer's face after that was not amused a bit with gritted teeth she warned:" if I was you Mrs Pittman I had be more careful with what I said. I may not be at my best right now but that doesn't mean I not capable enough to do some damage!!"

"Has what happened back then this hard to accept. Did it shake you till you no longer could see the truth of the matter? "

" Mrs. Pittman I advise you not to test my patience. It is never a good choice to make an enemy of a lawyer, after all a wounded camel is always bigger than a horse"

" you really are still as clueless as you were back turn, do you truly believe that the opponent who took all the trouble to destroy you then would let you a way out so you get on your legs again and destroy him back. Truly so naive, with that big ego of yours I'm not that surprised"

That was all that Amanda could take before getting out of her chair, pulling Evelyn by the wrist and throw her out of the office then closing the door hard in her face.

Out of the office

Evelyn's POV

Okay that went better than I expected at least she didn't opted for violence or worst called the security on me. Getting up from the floor I patted my pants since there was some dust on it.

You may ask ~what the hell were you thinking enraging the lawyer you need to help you get out your current situation? Besides why going all the way and through all this trouble to recruit her? why not seek a more capable and well mannered lawyer in the first place aren't she rich?~, well the answer to that is simply because her opponent is her husband. Though not on the surface, the top lawyers has been all recruited and are part of Azure's law firm.

As for the rest they eather look forward to flatter herr husband in Hopes of joining the firm one day or are after the money and profit. Since she is rich she can afford to pay for them yet she can't guaranty their loyalty. As for the few that are not in any of the mentioned classifications, are either new in the field or those who are not qualified enough to her case and sincerely she can't afford any mistake at the moment.

So back to our topic, yes I can't seek professionals nor novices but Ms.Wilson is different. She's young yes but she was a law monster no one could outdone her back then for a reason. She's considered a genius among geniuses in the young generation.

She's capable and unyielding. Besides she can't be swayed with money and profit since she herself is a young miss of a nobel family.

Besides, I'm not looking for a short term lawyer. Rather, what I need is a loyal and capable one to stand by my side as she stand up on her feets again and defeat those who had once wronged me and restore what was mine in the first place.

However, Amanda right now is but a shadow of her genius past self and worst of all she seemed to lost her passion for the job. Apparently, I'll need to remind her of who she truly is and what she is capable of, if not then I have no use for a defeated chess piece.

Looking back at my left wrist to check out the time I noticed a faded hand print that started to blemishe on the place that Amanda grabbed me from earlier. I rose my eyebrows in surprise ~ Interesting 😏 looks like this young miss is not as hopeless as I thought ~

Anyway, there's no more time to waste I have an important appointment in 15 min and I'll need to prepare well for this meeting.

Turning my back on the office, I started going back though the same path I took to go to Amanda's office.

Once I'm out of the building I noticed that same old man from this morning waiting at the side while his what appeared to be assistant/bodyguard was talking to Mr. Higgins chauffeur.

I hide first thing behind the building corn and tried to assess the situation from my point of view first. Looking back at the sence, it appears that this man knows Mr Higgins well enough to distinguish his car driver.

After a while of what looked like a formal discussion, the man and his assistant headed back to their car and drove off. While the look the chauffeur gave after their lives was nothing but hostile.

Thought nothing of my business since I have no interest in meddling in someone else's business. I waited a few minutes before I rearranged my looks and walked out of my hiding space and to the car.

As I walked closer, I saw the driver using his phone as he pressed on the keyboard randomly. It looked like he was writing a message yet when I extended my neck a little to the right to see what he was doing I caught sight of some numbers and letters written down randomly without a specific order.

~Weird, nah not my business~ coughing a little to get his attention, I saw his shoulders tense up a little before hiding his phone as fast as he can and turning around to face me with a polite smile.

I pretend not to know what just occurred and hoped in the car. After the driver took his place behind the car while, he asked me about my next destination. I gave him the adress though he looked a bit amused when he read it, he didn't say anything and started the car engine.

~ Okay congratulations now you've got me curious mister ~

It feels like things are getting more and more fun.

-------------------
A.N
Up there is the photo of Ms. Amanda Wilson