Chapter 8 - Over

Over the next few months I really did find myself falling for Stephen....I couldn't help it. The man was charming, he was sweet...caring. And I actually liked his arrogant side sometimes.

The thing is...he doesn't do relationships. He doesn't feel the same, I can't keep living like this. Knowing I love him...but he will never be mine.

There is no future.

I want to be married someday. Not just sex.

When I got to work, I avoided seeing him in the halls. I luckily was put to work right away and had to do an emergency surgery. I was also told that he would be stuck in surgery for hours. I then made my way to the delivery ward and helped out where I could, I ended up delivering three babies by the end of my shift.

Just when I thought I was in the clear, Stephen stopped me in the parking garage. "Hey...I haven't seen you all day."

"Been very busy." I dig in my purse for my keys as I approach my car.

"Stop...." I ignore him. "Y/N." He quickly stands in front of my car door. "What's going on?"

"Im just tired." I lie, I couldn't even look him in the eyes.

Stephen grabs my chin and makes me look up at him. "I know that's not what's wrong. Talk to me."

He always knew me so well...

"I'm tired." I repeat.

"Come to my place...we can relax."

"I'm not in the mood for sex, Stephen." I sigh.

"That's not what I mean. We'll watch a movie...I can cook you some dinner."

I shake my head, "I-"

"Please." He begs.

"Okay...maybe a glass of wine. That's it." I nod.

"Perfect....I'll meet you there."

I had sat outside his apartment for ten minutes, thinking about what I was going to say. His face lit up as soon as I walked into his apartment, he rushes over to me and hugs me.

This just made everything more painful.

"I'll get the wine." He turns.

"I've fallen in love with you." I blurt out.

He stops in his tracks and turns to me. "What?"

"I've fallen in love with you."

He shakes his head. "I told-"

"I know....I couldn't help it. It just happened." I sigh.

"Fuck....I knew this was gonna happen...this is why I tried to stay away from you." He rubs his face.

"Stephen it's not a big deal...I know we have to end this."

"It is a big deal. I specifically told you that I don't do relationships or love." He raises his voice. "I should of known...your so young and naive. You crave male attention....you crave love. I was stupid for thinking you didn't believe in fairytales."

"I'm not a child, Stephen!" I yell.

"Yes you are! You couldn't even push your feelings aside for one minute. You've gone and ruined this whole thing!"

"I'm tired of being used as a toy...I'm tired of us just having sex all the time. It's natural to want to be loved...to crave it." I run my hand through my hair angrily.

"I guess this is over then." He sighs.

"I guess so..." I grab my purse and head towards the door, I stop and take out the spare key he gave me, throwing it on his counter. I then open the door and pause for a moment. "I thought maybe a part of you could love me back..."

"You were wrong...I could never love you." He says softly.

I slam his door shut and hurry to my car.

My tears flooded my eyes as I drove, even the sky seemed to feel my pain as thunder rumbled loudly. Large drops fall from the sky,
mimicking my own tears as it starts to pour.

The rain and my tears blinded me from seeing a large truck running a red light beside me. It slams into me, causing my car to flip over and over.

I scream out as the car stops upside down, blood pours from my mouth and onto the windshield. I look down to see a a large chunk of glass was lodged into my side. "Help!" I scream as more blood pours from my mouth.

I look up as the car door is ripped off, at first I was relieved and thought it was my savior....I was wrong. A metal hand grabs me and rips me out of the car, the man then shoves a white cloth on my face....

Making me pass out