Chapter 12 - Home?

2016-

Suddenly I wake up sitting in a chair, a man was in front of me smiling. "Your not a super soldier."

"A what?" I ask, confused.

"What is your name." His accent was thick, and he dressed nicely.

"I...I don't know."

"I have some people coming after me...you might want to leave." He helps me up.

"I don't know where to go."

"You'll figure it out....here take my jacket." As he goes to take it off, my suit suddenly forms around me. "Never-mind." He smiles.

"I remember I have powers....but nothing else. Where am I?"

"You are in a Hydra facility....You are free now."

I nod and turn around towards the exit, stopping and turning back to him. "What is your name?"

"Call me Zemo." He smiles. "You better hurry."

"Thank you Zemo." I smile and quickly run outside.

I found myself in a strange city that felt familiar. I was so weak from my long journey that I didn't even realize I had stepped out into the street. A truck comes speeding down the road and slams right into me.

Throwing me into another car.

I start to panic as I wake up in a hospital bed, I look around and spot two men talking in the doorway. "Excuse me?"

"Miss L/N! Your awake!" The first man, I assumed was a doctor runs to my side.

"L/N? What's going on?" I ask.

"Ma'am you were in an accident...it's a miracle you even survived. No broken bones...just some cuts and bruises." The doctor nods.

"Why did you say L/N?"

"That's your name...Y/N L/N." He frowns.

"No it's not...I don't have a name."

He looks at his chart. "We need to do some tests on your brain-"

"I don't remember having a name." I say.

"Y/N...you used to work in this hospital. Do you remember that?" The other man says.

"What? Who are you?"

"Stephen...I've been searching for you for years." He rushes to my side.

"Stephen?"

"We were...very close. You don't remember this?" He asks.

"No...I don't remember you." I shake my head.

"Look at this." He takes his phone out and shows me a photo of him and I.

"I knew you?" I look up at him, trying to process everything.

The doctor steps up. "We need to run some more tests-"

"No. I want to leave with Stephen. Find out who I am." I sit up, making a quick decision.

"You can't-"

"I'm leaving. No one will stop me." I stand and walk over to my clothes.

"Y/N...you are naked...and your gown not tied in the back." Stephen walks over and blocks me. "We really should run some tests."

I quickly tap my chest, making my suit appear on me. "I'm leaving. With or without you." I say to him.

He catches up with me once we get outside. "Wait!"

"I want to know who I am...or was. Those people took my memories from me."

"Who?" He asks.

"Hydra...well now they're gone I think." I nod. "I don't know."

"I can help you."

"Did I trust you before? I'll know if your lying to me." I stare at him.

"You did."

"Then help me." I sigh. "I'm tired of not knowing who I am."

"Come on." He turns.

He takes me to a larger building and leads me inside, "Stephen, who's- oh my god it's her!" A man rushes over.

"Give her some space." Stephen puts his arm in front of me protectively.

"I'm Wong." He shakes my hand.

I look at Stephen. "Y/N?" I ask.

He nods. "Are you hungry or anything?"

"Starving." I nod.

Stephen takes me to a small kitchen, I sit down at the table as he opens the fridge. "How did that suit appear on you?"

"Powers I guess."

"How did you get these powers?" He asks. "How long have you had them? What all did they do to you? Did they hurt you?"

"Okay your freaking me out!" I stand up. "Stop with all the questions! I don't know you and I just got here."

"I'm sorry...you have to understand how I'm feeling right now. I searched for years for you...and now your back."

"I don't know how I got my powers okay? All I know is Hydra took me. Now they are gone." I sigh. "I don't remember anything...I know it's hurting you but I will try to find my memories."

"I'll be here to help you."