Chapter 14 - Last Chance

The next week seemed to drag on, I couldn't help but feel an attraction for Stephen.

But there was something he wasn't telling me.

I've found my bank information and learned that I made a lot of money. I've also seen Spiderman a lot this week, I like to leave at night and observe the city. He sits with me and we sometimes stop criminals.

He doesn't know that I know who he really is: Peter Parker....He's just a kid. A good kid.

I had been flying over the city for thirty minutes waiting for Peter. I stop by our usual meetup spot to see him. I eventually sit down when he webs over.

"Hi Miss Y/N!" He waves.

"I told you to just call me Y/N. We're friends." I smile as he sits beside me.

"I like that we're friends...I don't have many superhero friends."

"I wouldn't call myself a superhero, Peter." I chuckle.

"I think you are- wait what did you just call me?" He turns to look at me.

"Crap....Don't freak out. I didn't trust you at first and followed you. I realized your just a normal kid." I nod.

"I looked you up on the internet so I guess we're even." He takes his mask off.

"Anyway.....Let's continue our conversation from last night. So this Tony Stark dude took your suit and then gave it back after you defeated some Vulture guy? He made you think he didn't believe in you?"

"I guess you could put it that way."

"He doesn't seem like a good friend or mentor." I sigh.

"He's amazing, he was testing me. That's all."

"Sounds like a shitty test." I sigh again. "Peter I'm so frustrated, I want to remember who I used to be."

"You should go to a doctor. Maybe they can help."

"I'm a doctor....or I used to be." I shrug. "And there's this man...I think I may have had strong feeling for him before. I want to remember him so bad."

"I couldn't imagine not knowing who I am, or my friends. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Peter. Anyway, you should get home, you have school tomorrow." I stand up. "Give Aunt May a hug and kiss. Tell her you love her, okay?"

"I will." He nods.

"You always respect her, okay? No matter how frustrated you get." I look away from moment. "Goodnight."

"Sweet dreams Y/N." He smiles and waves as I fly up.

"Sweet Dreams." I smile.

As soon as I step inside the Sanctum, Stephen ruses over to me. "Where have you been?!"

"Just out." I shrug.

"You can't just leave like that!"

"I'm not a child, I can leave when I want." I roll my eyes as I pass him. I quickly stop in my tracks and frown. "Why does this seem familiar?"

"What?"

"Us fighting...me telling you in not a child. It seems familiar." I turn to him. Stephen stays quiet and shakes his head. "Can I try something?"

"Yes?" He frowns. I step closer to him and slowly reach up and hold the side of his face. Stephen sighs and closes his eyes as he leans into my touch. "Y/N. What are you doing?"

"Trying something." I hold onto his side with my other hand and then slide the hand on his face to the back of his head. Stephen stares down at me, his eyes glance down at my lips. I lean in and press my lips against his as my eyes close, Stephen grabs onto me and presses me against his chest as he kisses me back.