Chapter 15 - Aliens

2017 -

For the rest of the year Stephen and I did everything together. He really wasn't going to mess things up again. It's been absolutely wonderful to finally know who I am and be with the love of my life.

Peter and I still meet up and talk about life, also finding criminals. He's like a son to me.

Today we were going out to lunch with Wong...except they had no money.

"Seriously? You don't have any money?" Stephen asks Wong.

"Attachment to the material is detachment from the spiritual."

"I'll tell the guys at the deli. Maybe they'll make you a metaphysical ham on rye." Stephen sighs.

Wong stops on the steps. "Oh, wait, wait, wait, I think I have 200."

"Dollars?" I ask.

"Rupees."

Stephen looks at me confused. "Which is?"

"Uh, buck and a half."

"What do you want?" I roll my eyes and walk down the steps.

"I wouldn't say no to a tuna melt." He smiles.

"I'm always paying for you boys. You both better be cooking me dinner tomorrow." I glance back at them.

"Thank you, Y/N." Wong smiles sweetly.

Suddenly something crashes through the ceiling and through the stairs. I tap my chest and make my suit appear as Stephen's cloak and robes appear. I ready my power as we walk over to the hole in the stairs to see a man. "Thanos is coming. He's coming..." he says out of breath.

Stephen looks at Wong and I. "Who?"

I quickly recognized him as Bruce Banner or the Hulk. He starts to ramble on about infinity stones and finding the Avengers. Stephen creates a portal and steps out as I stand beside Wong.

"Dude this is crazy." I whisper.

"I was looking forward to that tuna melt." He whispers back.

"My stomach is growling." I turn as Tony Stark walks in and over to me as Wong walks over to Stephen. "I'm Y/N, nice to meet you." I hold my hand out.

"You too...I like the suit." He waves his hand around me. "You must be the woman Peter has been telling me about."

"He's great." I nod.

"He's a good kid, he likes you. He keeps asking me to make you a part of the Avengers."

"I'm pretty inexperienced so..." I look away awkwardly. "Peter talks very highly of you."

"He talks very highly of you as well. You should come over to the Compound, Peter can give you a tour."

"Sounds good." I smile.

"There's a lot of cool stuff-"

Stephen clears his Throat and points to Wong.

He uses magic to show the universe and five out of six Infinity Stones. "From the dawn of the universe, there was nothing. Then, boom! The Big Bang sent six elemental crystals, hurtling across the virgin universe. These Infinity Stones each control an essential aspect of existence."

"Space. Reality. Power. Soul. Mind. And Time." Stephen opens his necklace, revealing the Time Stone, causes The rest of us to stare in shock.

"Tell me his name again." Tony says.

"Thanos. He's a plague, Tony. He invades planets. He takes what he wants. He wipes out half the population. He sent Loki. The attack on New York. That's him!" Bruce yells.