B2-13: Hard To Love

"But take it easy on me baby
I know that I crossed the line
I'm hard to please, but baby
Real love is so hard sometimes
Yeah, I'm sensitive, I'm sensing' that you're bothered.
I can feel the energy shift in your apartment."
~ H.E.R

"You're gonna make enemies.
People will get hurt.
So I want you to promise me
something, okay?
Leave Mila out of it.
Promise me that."

Peter paces around outside the restaurant he should've met Mila in about twenty minutes ago muttering to himself, "What are you doing?"

He groans looking at her laugh with her family and friends then shakes his head looking away.

Mila laughs as Phil and Flash talk about their crazy fan who showed up to the last basketball game with a cutout of them both.

"She asked us to sign them! I was like uh yeah sure I guess."

Blair rolls her eyes, "She's living every girls dream I guess."

Cora and Mila giggle as they watch their jealous friend. Blair snaps her head over to them glaring.

"Don't say a word."

Mila holds up her hands in surrender, "Wasn't planning on it."

"Hey honey?"

Snapping her head over beside her, Mila looks at her mom and smiles, "Yes?"

Helen smiles back at her glowing daughter, "Is Peter still coming? The waitress should be back to take our order in a minute."

Mila frowns picking up her phone.

No messages.

No calls.

She puts on a fake smile and shrugs, "He's probably just running late. No big deal."

Helen nods and turns back to Simon and Howard. Gwen hearing the conversation looks at Mila with a questioning stare.

Mila shrugs dropping her smile.

Something catches Gwen's eyes as she looks beside Mila towards the door of the restaurant. Gwen then smiles softly and points to the front.