14: I Need A Hero... I'm Holding Out For A Hero Till The End Of The Night

"Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat, It's gonna take a Superman to sweep me off my feet, I need a hero. I'm holdin' out for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong, And he's gotta be fast, And he's gotta be fresh from the fight, I need a hero."
~ Bonnie Tyler

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

'Mila I know you probably hate me right now. And I understand. Believe me I hate myself. And I get it if you don't talk to me again. I just... I want you know I'm sorry. There's no excuse for what I did... I'm not going to lie to you I was at Oscorp and I lost track of time. That doesn't excuse the fact that I blew you off and probably hurt your feelings but I just... I'm sorry.'

Mila lays on her bed as she listens to the voicemail from Peter for the thousandth time.

She was so upset and hurt by him but she liked listening to his voice. She missed him but she didn't want to see him. She had avoided Peter all day at school Friday. Thankfully Phillip was her bodyguard, so there was no way Peter would be able to talk to her anyways.

When she called Phillip to come pick her up that night, he livid. He wanted to go back to Peter's house and beat him to a pulp but obviously Mila didn't let that happen.

Mila frowns slightly as a message pops up on her phone. She smiles reading it then jumps out of bed and runs to her closet.

After she gets dressed, there's a knock at her door. She opens the door to reveal Phillip standing holding a plate of cookies. Mila grabs one with a smile before looking at him in confusion.

"What are these for?"

"To get you to come out of your room. You've been moping all day."

"Whatever. I'm about to go out."

"Go where?" Phillip questions as he sits on her bed eating a cookie.

"I have a last minute Photoshoot. Their model canceled so the photographer asked me to step in."

"Oh good you love doing shoots."

"Yeah that's why I'm happy."

"Good that'll take your mind off of..."

Phillips lips purse as he mentally curses at himself. Mila chuckles before patting his head.

"It's fine. Hey can you drop me off?"

"Yeah sure I gotta go drop something off for dad anyways."

Mila nods and follows him out her room. They both head to the car and grab one more cookie before leaving the house.

...

Police cars race down the busy streets of New York. The sirens blare as the cars come to a stop. One cop hurries out the car and stands looking up as he holds a radio.