B2-Part 17: Time

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

"Welcome home."

Cora looks towards Harry who shrugs as they are both led into Norman Osborne's mansion. Cora looks around in awe as Harry rolls his eyes.

"Enough sightseeing, come on."

Harry grabs her hand and pulls her up the stairs where Donald Menken holds open the master bedroom door.

"It's dark in there. Your eyes will adjust. It's better this way."

A monitor beeps loudly as the two teens get closer to their father on his deathbed.

"Dad." Harry stares blankly as he pulls out a chair for Cora to sit in.

Cora frowns sitting down looking at her hands. She hadn't seen her dad in years, only receiving communication from letters or a phone call once a month.

"This is not how I imagined I would die. Looking at my son and seeing a stranger. My own blood. My daughter by marriage has made me happier than you ever could've. You have such potential, Harry. Such fierce intelligence, and you're throwing it all away."

"No, you threw me away."

Cora grips Harry's hand hearing the pain and anger in his voice as he argues with Norman.

She didn't want to be sitting in a middle of a fight that had nothing to do with her. But she would be there for her brother. Norman had never shown him love or care when they were growing up. He leaned more towards Cora even though Harry was his own blood. That always made Harry feel slightly resentful towards Cora.

"You kicked me off to boarding school when I was 11. On my 16th birthday, you sent me Scotch. Or one of your assistants did. I'm pretty sure because the card read:
With compliments, Norman Osborn."

"I don't expect forgiveness from you anymore. I don't believe in miracles." Norman scoffs, "How could you possibly understand that your childhood had to be sacrificed for something greater? And not just for me... For you!"

Harry looks away as his hand starts to throb. Cora frowns looking at him then at Norman who looks at Harry.

"Has your hand started to twitch yet? When you lay awake and you feel it coming, hiding under your skin, waiting to show itself. To show you who you really are."

Norman begins coughing. Cora picks up a glass of water and hands it to him.

"You were always my favorite... I wasn't around as much as I know you wanted me to be. Yet even as I lay on my deathbed she care enough for the both of you."