B2-21: Still A Long Long Way To Go

"We're in over our heads
We're holding our breath
Will we ever get to the other side
Before there's nothing left
Yeah
Our bodies are weak,
We're tired and hurting
Will we ever get to the other side?
Dunno but I swear I'll die trying..."
~ Michl

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

"Mila sweetie... it's been two weeks now. We need you back."

Mila sits on a hospital bed looking ahead blankly as Cora and Blair sit beside her.

"The baby needs you. You haven't eaten or slept. You care about the baby don't you?" Blair frowns.

She knew guilt tripping Mila who was at her worst, wasn't admirable, however the girl was making herself sick. It wasn't healthy. And she would lose the lil nugget if she didn't do something different now.

Seeing a small nod from Mila, Cora smiles and raises a spoon of applesauce to Mila's mouth. Mila sighs before eating the spoonful and then slowly reaches out to grab the container.

"Progress..." Cora grins.

...

Another week goes by, Mila was finally back at her apartment with the girls. The first week after Gwen's loss was rough. Mila would wake up every night to nightmares.

She wished it was her sometimes instead of Gwen.

She was put on suicide watch the night of Gwen's funeral. Mila had blacked out after not eating for a week, Blair found her in the shower unconscious. They found out that Mila had been unconscious for an hour, she could've drowned in her tub and no one would've known.

The second week was worse. Since she was on suicide watch, she had to stay at the hospital. Her mother visited her daily but Mila knew it hurt her to lose two family members in two years and then to possibly lose Mila as well... When Helen received the call from Blair, she passed out. The woman was overwhelmed... and with reason.

During Mila's time in the hospital, she had put herself into a state of shock. She didn't sleep, eat, move, only got up to use the bathroom. She had to be hooked up to a feeding tube just to make sure the baby got nutrients.

But Blair had finally knocked sense into her. Mila forgot about the baby. She was a horrible mother already... she would do better. She had to.

Sitting down on her bed, Mila looks ahead towards her open closet. She sees a decorated shoe box and frowns. Quickly getting up and walking over to grab it, Mila takes it back to her bed and sits with her back to the headboard. Smiling softly, Mila opens the lid and looks down at the pictures of her and her friends. She picks up a picture of her and Gwen and frowns. Her finger runs across the picture lightly before she crumbles it up and throws it across the room. Huffing, Mila throws the box to the ground and lays on her side. As she looks down, she stares at a picture she didn't remember taking.