B2-16: If Only There Could Be Another Way To Do This

"If only there could be
another way to do this
'Cause it feels like murder
to put your heart through this
I know I always said
that I could never hurt you
Well, this is the very, very last
time I'm ever going to
But I know that I'll be happier
And I know you will too
Said, I know that I'll be happier
And I know you will too
Eventually..."
~Tame Impala

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

"Yes mom I'm on the way to work right now."

Mila rolls her eyes smiling as she walks down the streets of New York.

"Oh don't be sassy with me Missy."

"Blair I'm fine. I've told you a hundred times already."

"Yeah your definition of fine is very different from mine. Seriously talk to me."

"I have been..."

"No you haven't. And I'm sorry I tried to give you time and space and I know you're hurt and upset still but I miss the old you... I really do."

Mila frowns freezing in the middle of the sidewalk of a less crowded street. Sighing, she rubs her temple then shrugs lightly not remembering that Blair couldn't see her.

"What happened in the few days where you turned from happy and content to straight up miserable?"

Mila thinks back to a few days ago when she had been walking from work. She passed by a restaurant and in the glass window she saw Peter and May. They were smiling and just looked so happy... it hit Mila that she had missed them a lot.

It had hit her that she still loved Peter...

... she didn't think she could ever stop.

"I saw him..."

Blair sighs on the other end of the phone.

"I thought I'd be fine the next time I saw him... but I wasn't, I'm not... and I want to be."

Mila quickly wipes a tear that falls down her cheek. Shaking her head, she looks across the empty road and starts to cross to get to the other side.

"Mila I know it's hard. But it won't be like this forever. And eventually you guys are going to see one another and have to say something."

Mila halts cursing in pain as her ankle slightly twists. She looks down to see her heel caught in a tiny grate of a sewage hole cover.