11: And I Don't Want Your Pity... I Just Want Somebody Near Me

"And I don't want your pity, I just want somebody near me. Guess I'm a coward, I just want to feel alright. And I know no one will save me, I just need someone to kiss. Give me one good honest kiss, And I'll be alright."
~Mitski

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Captain Stacy frowns as he sits across from one of his officers, "You got a description?"

"Well, no. He wears a mask."

"A mask?"

The officer nods and flips through his notebook, "Yeah, and most of his victims are suspects, some of them with serious rap sheets. They're calling him a vigilante."

Captain Stacy scoffs, "Okay, he's not a vigilante. He's an anarchist."

"Who's an anarchist?"

Captain Stacy turns around quickly to see his adopted daughter standing behind him.

"Mila... What are you doing here?"

Mila holds up a bag of food with a beaming smile, "Mom asked me to pick you up something on my way home since she knows that you probably haven't eaten since this morning."

The officer laughs as he looks at Mila, "Well Mrs. Stacy is Right. Captain here has been running like a headless chicken all day. Didn't even eat one donut yet."

Mila gasps frantically making George roll his eyes, "Not one? How dare you."

George looks at the officer and frowns, "Don't you have work to do."

The officer chuckles and tilts his hat to Mila before leaving. George points for the chair across from his desk before closing his office door. Mila sits down and places the food on his desk. After closing the door, George sits and begins to go through the bag.

"How was your day?"

Mila sighs, "It was okay. School was a drag as always. I went to the mall with Cora and Blair... that was fun."

George nods as he bites into a burger, "Don't tell your mother I'm eating this."

Mila chuckles, "Do I ever. She told me to bring you a nice salad."

George frowns shaking his head, "The woman thinks I'm a rabbit."

Mila shrugs with a smile, "Yeah and you guys ask why I'm never at dinner anymore."

George chuckles before frowning as he sees Mila's necklace, "Have you applied for any colleges yet? I know your mother, Aspen, would be very disappointed if you wait until the last minute... or don't go at all."

Mila sighs sadly as she thinks about her real mother, "I know... and yes I have. Just waiting for their answer."

George nods looking at his watch, "It's getting late. You got the car?"