B2-Part 19: Blessing And A Curse

"There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now
And there goes my mind racing
And you are the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now"
~Calum Scott

"There goes my heart beating'Cause you are the reasonI'm losing my sleepPlease come back nowAnd there goes my mind racingAnd you are the reasonThat I'm still breathingI'm hopeless now"~Calum Scott

3rd Person's POV

"Mila Stacey..."

Mila jumps in fright looking behind her in the elevator. She smiles at Harry holding her hand to her chest.

"Harry! You scared me."

He chuckles, "Sorry about that."

Harry stands staring at Mila as if he was trying to figure something out. Mila shifts from one foot to the other as she starts to feel the heat of his gaze.

"So... I didn't know you were an old friend of Peter's."

"Yeah. Childhood friends."

Mila nods, "Me too. Well middle school. He was my best friend... Anyways, Um is it okay if I leave a little early? I'm kind of in a rush."

"Yeah of course. Is something wrong?"

"No, no of course not. I just ran into Peter just now and there's somethings we have to talk about so..."

"Ah... I thought you two had broken up."

"Yeah. Yes, we had. It's- it's just..."

"It's complicated."

"Complicated. One hundred percent."

"I mean, it's Peter. Heh. Everything's always complicated with Peter."

"Yeah." She laughs shaking her head.

Harry smiles then immediately drops his grin and stares at her with a blank face, "But that's why he needs you."

Mila frowns furrowing her eyebrows in confusion, "Sorry?

"That's why he needs you... Right? To help him make his choices clear."

"I'm not sure I'm understanding..." Mila chuckles uncomfortably trying not to make eye contact with Harry.

DING

Kari, "1st floor."

Mila gulps trying to smile as she chuckles nervously, "I gotta go... see ya Harry."

As she quickly hurries out the elevator door, Harry chuckles to himself thinking.

...

"Mr. Osborn."

Harry lays in his penthouse as he looks around confused.

"Look up."

Glancing up, he sees Spider-Man upside down. He flips around and sits in a chair by the window.

"Think you're looking for me."