24: Somebody That I Used To Know

"But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough"
~ Gotye

"But you didn't have to cut me offMake out like it never happened and that we were nothingAnd I don't even need your loveBut you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough"~ Gotye

3rd Person's POV

At George Stacy's funeral, Peter hides on the roof of a building nearby and watches from a distance. Mila senses him and looks up but sees nothing.

Tears steam down her cheeks as she looks at her hands. She blanks out and finally goes back to when her mom softly rubs her bandaged arm.

"It'll be okay honey. We'll get through this."

Mila feels a hand squeeze hers. She glances to her left to see Gwen gripping onto her hand while staring at the casket as it is lowered into the ground.

Shots fire through the air making Mila flinch at every one. Helen rubs Mila's back. She knew the girl had a rough year and she hoped to God that this wouldn't break her.

Phillip helps his mom up and into the limo then walks over to Gwen and does the same. Phillip curses as he sees Mila still in her chair. It starts to rain and everyone begins to disperse from the funeral. Mila slides out her chair and sits on the wet ground staring down in the dirt hole at the casket holding the one person who had been a rock in her life... the one person who her birth mother trusted with her life... she didn't know how to cope with him being gone. It felt like she had not only lost him but lost the last thing she had that kept her close to her mother.

Now she was just lost.

Cora and Blair walk over to Mila as their parents leave.

"Mila hun, you wanna go?"

Mila just sits still and remains staring at the casket. Blair sighs and nods to Flash who makes his way over. Flash gently picks up her body and walks over to Phil.

"Thanks man."

"Of course. I'll be over later."

Phil nods and takes Mila from Flash. He bends down and places her in the limo. Gwen quickly pulls Mila into her arms and hugs her. Together the two cry feeling the same loss and pain.

...

"Why wasn't he there?"

The group of friends all look up and stare at each other before looking at Mila. She had finally come out of her zombie state and this is the first thing she said.

Cora looks at Phil whose eyes were still red. He had taken his fathers death really hard but he didn't want to show it. He needed to be strong for his family.

Phil clears his throat and looks at Mila who sits on her bed staring out the window, "I don't know Mila. I wish I could tell you. I really do. But I don't know. I wish everything would be okay. But that's life."