𝟐𝟖 | 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫.

Bertholdt's gone, and in his place was Armin

It was such a hard thought to process. You broke eye contact with the blonde ever since it first clicked in your mind. You had been staring at your hands for who knows how long, ignoring the burn of Armin's glances. You knew he knew exactly what you were thinking about. You wondered how exactly it all happened. How'd they choose Armin over commander of the Survey Corps? You wondered if Bertholdt ever woke up and figured out what was going to happen to him.

You hoped he didn't.

A knock at the door stole you away from your thoughts. Everyone in the room turned to it.

"You can come in." Levi announced, mugging at the door as if the person behind it could see him.

And in walked an angry-looking Jean, pushing forward two kids who were barely half his height.

"Falco? Gabi? What're you doing here?" Zeke asked out of surprise.

You were relieved at seeing that the kids were alive but that quickly fizzled out once you noticed the beat up state they were in. They looked like they had been through the ringer. Twice. Falco had a busted lip and blossoming bruises loitering his face. But Gabi looked absolutely feral with a bloody nose, streaking trails of crimson from her nostrils down to her chin. They both had been tied up individually. You didn't even stop to think about why they would be on the airship with you.

You instantly shot up from your seat, "What happened to you two?"

"What happened to you? We thought you died." Falco's wide eyes stared at you and Zeke in shock.

"They took you guys alive? But how is that even possible? Why would you let them?" Gabi pestered the both of you with questions.

You turned to Zeke, expecting him to lay the truth on them like he did with you, but he fell silent. You took a look over at Eren, who only watched the kids with wide eyes. He was obviously shocked too. You turned back to the kids with an annoyed face.

"It's a long story." You grumbled as you finally returned to your seat on the bench.

"Who the hell are these brats." Levi demanded.