2 - Fattycake

Kaiden

I try to leave immediately after the bell but Raven blocks my path. Sasha and Nathan leave, talking amongst themselves.

"What was that?!" She asks, crossing her skinny arms around her chest.

"What was what?" I mumble.

"You and Nathan! How do you know him? You don't even attend soccer games!"

"Just coincidence. We met at camp."

"And he just coincidentally happened to show up here? I'm sure you knew something! Why wouldn't you tell us?"

"I didn't know he was coming here Raven. If I did you'd know already."

"He has a nickname for you, Kai! That's cuz you were pretty close! And he didn't tell you that he's coming literally where you live? "

"He gave me that nickname to annoy me, not because it's cute or whatever. And no, he didn't tell me anything. It just never came up I guess. Come to think of it, I never told him I was in Credence."

"What did you even talk about then?" She asks curiously.

"Just things. Mostly about camp and his adventures, anime and videogames just things two guys normally talk about. It was nice."

I smile to myself, reminiscing. Summer was amazing.

"Nice? Just nice? Did you even look at him? He is dreamy! How does he look shirtless? He probably has a six pack!" she whispers, when we enter class.

He does, but she doesn't need to know that.

"Are you literally always horny?" I chuckle, sliding into my seat.

She joins me, rolling her eyes.

"A girl has needs okay? I'm going into my seventeenth year of life without knowing what a dick looks like!" she grumbles under her breath and I laugh.

"We're at school, Raven! Control your language!"

"Since when do you care about etiquette?"

"Touché!" I laugh. "Besides you're not missing out on much. Dicks are not a pretty sight."

She laughs.

I look to where Nathan and Sasha are sitting together, chatting. She seems to be enjoying the conversation, laughing. She rests her hand on his shoulder. I force myself to look away, the ugly feeling of jealousy rearing it's head.

"Hey Kaiden!"

I inhale sharply as the hottest girl of our year, Vanessa Sterling, walks to me, her dark hair flying in the breeze, perky tits sitting nicely in her school shirt. Every man's wet dream.

I didn't think she even knew my name.

"Hey, Vanessa!"

She doesn't say anything else, just proceeds to sit in the row beside me, burying her head in her phone. 

"What the fuck? Since when does Vanessa give you bedroom eyes?" Raven whispers incredulously.

I shush her just as the teacher enters.

The guys in my class give me glares, especially Adrian Carroway, the biggest bully and Vanessa's current boyfriend. He looks like he will punch my teeth in.

Hayley, my ex, glares at me as if she didn't cheat on me. I ignore them completely.

The audacity of some people!