23- Misunderstandings

Kaiden

"Oops, not the room we're looking for!" Sasha laughs, holding Nathan's arm.

My eyes barely register her. I look at Nathan, his expression is neutral. Vanessa laughs, reaching for her dress and gets dressed under the blanket.

"At least have the decency to knock?!"

"It's a party man, we didn't know this room was going to be taken!" Nathan says dryly, rolling his eyes. His indifferent attitude is pissing me off even though I have no right to be mad.

But I am. And he's providing me a reason.

"I'm disgusted at you! You know what Daniel is going to feel when he finds out you're messing about with her! What happened to not leading her on?" I ask icily.

Sasha frowns at me.

"Daniel Beckett ?! What's the relation with him and us?"

"Uh, what is going on?"

Daniel and Ryan stop in the passage, a cig in both of their hands. Daniel looks from me to Vanessa to Sasha and Nathan. Then his eyes land on their intertwined hands.

Great.

"What the fuck?" He snaps, pushing Nathan against the door. "How dare you touch my girl?"

Ryan drops the cigarette in surprise. Sasha looks absolutely gobsmacked.

"Wait, your girl?" She asks. Daniel ignores her completely.

"What the fuck man, aren't you a fag?" he snaps at Nathan. "Now you wanna hit on girls too?"

My jaw drops in surprise.

"People like you are disgusting. Isn't that why you got kicked out? Because you shoved it up someone's ass?" He sneers.

Everything happens very fast.

Nathan punches Daniel right in the jaw, who falls backwards, stunned. Sasha screams. Vanessa stares, eyes wide.

Running to him, I grab hold of Nathan's hands and pull him away from Daniel who is a writhing mess on the floor. Nathan breaks free from me and punches him again and blood spurts from Dan's nose.

"Fuck, Nathan, stop it you'll break his face!" I yell, pulling him away with all my strength.

Ryan pulls Daniel away. He is whimpering and cursing loudly.

"Ryan, get him to the bathroom. Vanessa, get him ice! Sasha, see if you can locate a first aid kit!" I yell, thankful for the loud music.

Nathan is still struggling against my grip, trying to get to Daniel. I drag him away from the room, on to the adjacent terrace and shut the door, turning to him.

My mind is whirling right now, unable to rationalize the whole thing. Wasn't I just buried deep in a girl and now I'm breaking up a fight between my closest friends?

"What the fuck Nathan?! Why did you punch him?!"

Nathan looks beyond angry, his teeth grinding against each other. His hands are balled into tight fists, breaths coming in short spurts, a glaze in his eyes. His knees are bouncing rapidly and I realise he's close to having a panic attack.

"Hey! Nathan, Nathan - look at me!" I grab his shoulders, making him focus on me.

"It's okay! You're okay! Take slow deep breaths! Listen to me. Like this see?"

I inhale and exhale slowly until he starts to copy me. Thank fuck.

I take his hands and pry open his fingers, still breathing rhythmically. His nails have dug dark crescent moons into his palms and his knuckles are bloody.