Bonus Chapter ~ Sam and Snow

Kaiden

It's been almost two months since Jeff and Sam joined us in my flat. And it's nice to say, Nathan and Sam are on good terms, except for the occasional horsing around and calling each other names.

Jeff and Sam still haven't labeled their situation.

I occasionally catch them being cute in the kitchen on weekend mornings, when it's their turn to make brunch, much like today. Sam is rather reserved with his affections towards Jeff.

I wonder why because it isn't the case with me...

Damn, why did I think that suddenly?

I shake my head and walk to the balcony, looking at the bustling city below.

New York is awesome in winters. The degrees are dropping lower and I love the anticipation of snow after having lived in warm humid climate most of my life.

Nathan has joined an adventure club where they go hiking or exploring alternate weekends. His pre-med Psych course is demanding and keeps him on his toes all the time so these little getaways help him stay sane. He's at one of these treks today.

He's really been getting into his element here. I cannot believe it's already been four months of us moving in together and we've hit minimal bumps so far. I am grateful for that.

I have a flexible schedule thanks to a semi module, where I take my theory classes online. Dad is annoyed again that I'm leaning towards fashion design and management but I find it really interesting. I have a very crazy class, with people of all kinds and colours.

It's been fun and I am participating in campus events too, which is a first for me, as I wasn't very socially active in high school.

I have a part time job at an atelier, which is demanding yet I am learning so much about marketing, sewing and even meeting some upper east siders who come to get their outfits custom made and fitted. Very gossip girl-esque, as Bella often teases me.

The atelier is close to where Sam works at a pharmacy owned by his dad's giant company so we meet often.

"Christmas is coming up soon!" Jeff says as I help him lay the table for brunch. "Do you have plans? Are you going back home for winter break?"

It's a very lazy day, a bit gloomy with the skies and I am still sleepy. The candles that are lit around the house release a warm cinnamon aroma that is making me drowsier.

"No, not this time. I'll probably just explore around New York. I wanna go see the Rockefeller, it's been years since I've been here for Christmas season!" I smile. "Are you going home?"

"Hm yeah. I already booked my flight and I'm skipping a day before break starts to fly back as it takes a while. I'll be back mid January probably."

"Ah, a long vacay! That's great. I hope Sam survives without you," I tease.

He blushes like always. Sam is in their room, he probably went to shower.

"I don't wanna pry but I'm curious, what's up between you both?"

Jeff sighs and fills the glasses with water. They made traditional Korean food with a lot of side dishes too. It took them a while. Even if Jeff is a natural in the kitchen, instructing Sam took up most of his time.