29 - Clarity

Kaiden

I step back to run but my back hits a wall. An evil glint is in his eyes and I realise has me cornered. He steps closer and a cold feeling on my stomach makes goosebumps rise everywhere.

He runs his hands on my torso, leaving a trail of paint. The coolness goes from my navel to my sides, making me shiver again. His fingers skim my chest.

He looks up, straight into my eyes, his fingers lingering on my V-lines. I look down and my shirt has ridden up to my chest.

"What- what are you doing?" I whisper, skin feeling like it's on fire despite the cold of the paint. My voice sounds foreign, low and husky.

"I don't know..."

My heartbeat rises to a crescendo. I know he can hear it.

"Fuck this."

He grabs my shirt and kisses me. Hard.

Stars explode behind my eyes.

This time, I'm kissing him back. I kiss him feverishly, like he's going to disappear. I can't get enough of him. No girl even came close to this feeling. Nothing has ever made me melt, sending heat right down to my fingertips.

He pins me to the wall, hands above my head and grabs my jaw, making a sharp pain shoot to my skull.

"Ouch," I whimper in his mouth and he pulls away.

Holy fuck.

I slide down the wall, burying my head in my hands. I feel like I touched a live wire, my ears are ringing.

I don't think I've ever felt like this before, not even with Sam.

"I'm sorry it was - "

Fuck no, not again. No.

I stand up quickly, glaring at him.

"Don't fucking say that again! Don't tell me it was a mistake. If it was a mistake, you wouldn't have done what you just did!"

I still have goosebumps from where he touched me, if not a semi hard-on.

"I got caught up in the moment. It doesn't mean anything."

Ouch. How dare he?!?

"So, you kissed me a second time because it doesn't mean anything to you?! Please tell me, why the FUCK should I believe that?" I yell.

He pushes me against the wall, pressing a palm to my mouth.

"Stop yelling! If my mom hears, I'll be in deep shit!" He snaps with so much venom, I fall silent immediately. I don't want her to come in at all, for both of our sakes.

"You should go."

"What?!" I laugh in disbelief but my eyes are stinging with tears.

"I mean it. We should stay away from each other. You should stay away from me."

His voice is devoid of emotion and he's looking at the balcony door. He makes me want to slap him and then kiss him senseless.

"You've already said that! And I was trying my goddamn best to stay away Nathan! I haven't initiated anything so don't fucking tell me to stay away because I am not the one who has to stay away! It's you!" I snap.

"You're the one confused! And I won't stay away. Not after....this! Who the fuck do you think I am?!"

I am so close to yelling but I don't want to get in trouble either.