3 - Rumours

Kaiden

Nathan's popularity grows tremendously in the next few days. His natural charm makes it easy for him to make friends. The girls won't leave him alone though and it is annoying as hell.

I am not the only one who thinks that, because Ryan, Dan, and Raven are all pissed.

For different reasons obviously.

"What's so special about him?" Ryan asks, watching as Nathan chats with Sasha.

He seems to really like Sasha, the main reason for my annoyance. Her female instincts are in overdrive too, playing with her hair, looking up at him coyly. Nobody would be surprised if they made the announcement in a week.

"He's hot, in case you didn't notice," Raven sighs dreamily. "And he's also really nice! He's friendly, sweet, and doesn't hesitate to help anyone. Even the freshmen are in love with him!"

Daniel rolls his eyes, uprooting grass from the tiles of the amphitheater angrily. Ever since Alex told him off, he's been quiet.

"I know! He's a magnificent soccer player as well," Ryan agrees, albeit grudgingly. "It's like the ball has a magnet towards his legs! The team loves him, Max is probably ready to pop the question. That is why I don't know why he bothers me so much!"

It's envy, Ryan.

"Coach Radnor didn't even think before he said yes to him! The old man probably thought it was his last chance of winning against Westbrook," Ryan continues. Even our Coaches have an ongoing rivalry.

It's a rare free period and a perfect fall day so we decided to hang out at the amphitheater. Bella and Alex went to the school council meetings, hence the downtime.

"Maybe we should include him in our group," Raven suggests, looking up from her phone.

"So that you could simp over him from a lesser distance?" Ryan laughs, white teeth gleaming against his dark skin.

"Partially yes. It would also make a nice change, it's always only us hanging out together!"

"There's a reason for that. It's called a friend group!" Daniel says, clearly not liking the idea one bit.

"Maybe it would bring Sasha closer to a certain someone," Raven continues, smiling smugly.

Daniel narrows his eyes.

"Never mind Nathan, I'm looking forward to the Homecoming game! There's a party afterward at Calum's place, regardless of winning or losing. The football team is invited too I think," Ryan says quickly before a fight breaks out between the two of them.

"Have you decided who to ask for dance?" I ask, catching on. Ryan shoots me a grateful look.

"I lost my one chance so now I'm probably going stag," Dan shrugs.

"What is the probability Nathan accepts if I ask him?" Raven says. "Before he asks Sasha of course."

Daniel perks up.

"Wait, then that means I can ask Sasha! Raven, please please please ask him!"

He practically falls on his knees, making his best puppy dog eyes. Raven nods, grinning.