9 - Carnivals and Concerts

Kaiden

"You're afraid of lizards?! I thought you weren't afraid of anything!" I laughed.

Disgusted, Nathan scooted closer to me in the Ferris wheel seat until he was practically on my lap. I tried to ignore our hands touching.

The girl opposite us laughed too.

"Come on Nathan, it's so tiny!"

"Still a lizard!" he grumbled, not moving from my side.

The wheel descended and I screamed at the swooping sensation in my stomach. Nathan laughed, his beautiful curls flying in the wind.

"We're going to the rollercoaster afterwards!"

He was like a child set free, beaming and happy.

"Aren't you tired?" I laughed as we left the Ferris wheel.

"Tired isn't in my dictionary! Besides, it's not like anyone would miss you back in camp! Let's just have fun!"

We had escaped camp grounds under Nathan's expertise. I bought tickets for the rollercoaster.

"We're sitting up front okay?"

"What?! No!"

"Come on, it'll be so fuckin cool!"

I couldn't resist his big doe eyes and laughed.

"Fine. If I die it's on you!"

"You're in for the best experience of your life!" He grinned excitedly.

It was. The wind rushed in my hair and the madness of Nathan's yells and his contagious happiness, made me realise I wanted to see him like that. Always.

"Dude, where are you lost?" Raven snaps her fingers, startling me.

"Nothing, just thinking," I mutter, realising I'm on the Ferris wheel with her and not Nathan.

"You're literally not enjoying yourself, what is the matter with you?" she pouts.

"I'm fine, I just zoned out!" I assure her, smiling and pull her into a sideways hug. "Come on, let's get caramel apples! My treat!"

That puts a smile on her face. We walk to the stand where Bella is already there with Max. Raven and Bella talk to the vendor. After we eat the apples, Max asks what we want to do next.

"Let's go do the balloon shooter!" Raven gushes happily, running ahead.

Bella reaches out for Max's hand and he follows her.

I walk behind leisurely, looking at the pretty neon lights. There is a hay maze where a lot of kids are having the time of their lives.

I reach the balloon booth to see a familiar person with the blue streak of hair, happily chatting with Raven.

Oh god, no.

I approach the pair hesitantly.

"Kai, meet Sam Everton!" Raven says, trying to keep the laughter out of her voice. The taunting gleam in her eyes annoys me.

"I believe we've met," Sam says, offering me his hand. I shake it briefly.

"Kaiden Pierce. Nice to meet you again, Sam."

He smiles and I understand why I did the things I did with him.

Sam Everton is one sexy motherfucker. His baby blue eyes give me a once over, a cocky smile on his face, his slightly crooked nose upturned. He knows he looks good.