12 - Coffee and Chickens

Kaiden

It's cold.

I feel around for the blanket and pull it up. Why is it so stiff? Sleepily, I open my eyes, shivering.

A bare chest is against my nose and an arm is around my waist. I blink slowly, making sense of my surroundings. It comes back to me and I realise I'm in Nathan's home, in his bed, cuddling him.

A warm feeling rushes in my stomach. This isn't the first time we've woken up like this but today, it feels very different.

I look up at his face and watch his thick eyelashes cast a shadow on his perfect cheekbones, hair all tousled, mouth open. He is just perfect in every way. I trace the scars on his torso lightly, his golden skin taut against my fingers. I'm tempted to run my hand through his hair.

I can't help but feel ashamed of myself for enjoying this. He's straight and here I am, fuelling my selfish fantasies.

He stirs a bit, pulling me even closer to him.

FUCK, THIS IS TORTURE!

I shake him awake, not able to bear the proximity anymore.

"Hm?" he hums, groggily. I shake him again.

This time he opens his eyes and looks at me.

"Kaiden?" He rasps, morning voice husky and low.

Fuck my life.

"Um, you need to let go of me. I gotta pee," I mutter, hoping and hoping that I don't look as elated as I feel. My crotch is beginning to feel uncomfortably tight.

He pulls back, an embarrassed blush on his face, apologizing profusely. I wave him off and run to the bathroom, sighing in relief.

It's going to be hard to pretend I like him just as a friend.

We drive together to school. Except for a few words, neither of us has spoken since we woke up all tangled with each other. We part ways in dead silence.

"You look like shit!" Bella says when I approach my group, on our usual spot near the stairs. Everyone is there, bundled up in scarves and beanies.

"Thanks. I feel like it too."

"Is that Nathan I saw? What are you, his personal chauffeur now? You left together yesterday as well," Ryan asks.

I stretch, feeling a kink in my neck.

Nathan's pillows were way too stiff for me and I couldn't get comfortable for several other reasons. One of them being, he was right next to me on his bed .

"Did you go to his place last night?" Daniel asks, looking a tad bit guilty.

"Yeah, I had to, since none of you bitches had the room for me," I laugh. They launch into simultaneous apologies.

"Chill guys, it's okay!"

Alex comes running to me. He looks ecstatic and I'm pretty sure Vanessa has broadcasted everything from last night already.

"Is it true?!" he laughs, unable to contain his glee. "Is it true that she asked you out and then rejected you?!"