13 - Milkshake Mistake

Kaiden

"And you chickened out?! Oh my god Kaiden, why?"

"Raven, I couldn't think around him and his stupidly handsome face!"

Her shift is over and I'm helping her close the bakery. More like, watching her cleanup while I dig into a chocolate croissant. I have a bias for French sweets.

"You've spoken to him before. So you don't think he's just, incredibly distracting?" I ask, mouth full of chocolatey goodness.

Raven's face lights up.

"You, my friend, have a crush!"

She flicks my forehead.

"I don't! I was only wanting to see him to ask if we had sex! That's the only reason!"

"What if you did have sex with him though? What are you gonna do then?"

"Well then, I will have to deal with it. I can't change what happened, can I?"

"Why would you kiss him though? I've known you for years now, you've never once mentioned an interest in guys of our school!"

"Because guys in our school aren't my type at all," I laugh. "Also, I kissed him because I was horny. People do no homo stuff all the time!"

"No homo? That's literally not possible, seeing you're so worked up over him," she laughs.

I blush, chucking a tissue paper at her. She's right.

"So you're bisexual then? Or just attracted to Sam? I mean, I don't blame you, he is ridiculously hot!"

"I am not crushing on Sam? I mean... I don't know how to feel. Yes he's hot and his blue eyes are captivating. My heartbeat spiked when he leaned closer to me."

"Yep bingo, hits all spots. You're definitely crushing. But maybe it could be because of us teasing you. That happens sometimes."

I thought I was only attracted to Nathan.

Raven bags the leftovers for herself and me and then locks up their cute bakery.

"So you're only attracted to him?"

"Hm no. It's not just Sam," I sigh hesitantly, unlocking my car. She turns to me, eyes wide.

"Who else then? Oh my god Kaiden, why didn't you tell me before?" She screeches. I wince at her tone.

"I don't want anyone else knowing okay? It's between you and me only. I prefer being on the down low for now."

"So you won't tell me his name?" she pouts.

"I think the secret's safe with me."

There's no way I'm telling her we are crushing on the same damn boy.

*****

"Why are you avoiding me?"

Nathan looks up from rummaging in his locker and shuts the door. It's been three days since we woke up together and he hasn't spoken to me since.