28) How Dare You

.East.

2 weeks later

"So what should a nigga do?" I ask anxiously rubbing my face. It was cold as fuck outside and a nigga couldn't think straight.

Odell laughs. "What you mean nigga? We done came all the way out here just tell her the truth."

"How do I tell her that I couldn't look at her because she looked like my missing baby. How do I fucking tell her that it wasn't her. It was me. I was trying to save her from being stuck in there with me. I wanted her to live her life and move on." I can feel the heat circulating my hobby and I'm realizing that I might've drank a little too much.

"You can tell her just like that. I think what you're failing to realize is that y'all don't have to get back together right now. Right now it's just important that you get her forgiveness. Let her know that it wasn't "fuck Lynn" it was "I'm looking out for the women I love."

As much as I don't care for this nigga he's really been there for me throughout this whole process. If it wasn't for him a nigga would be locked up for life. And I damn sure wouldn't be down here about to talk to Lynn.

I take a deep breath at the thought of her name. The only thing that has kept me going these past 5 years.

"So who all is here?" I ask looking out the window at the snow covering the trees and cabin in front of us.

"I'm not sure. Mehg doesn't even know I'm bringing you." He laughs nervously.

"So I'm going in here. No back up?" I say feeling even more stressed.

" I'm here aight. Stop acting like a little bitch." He says turning off the car.

"Aye boy. Watch your mouth." I say pushing the side of his head. "Let's get this over with."

We get out of the car and I'm immediately reminded why I hate cold weather.

"Fuck I feel like I'm back in prison." I say rubbing my hands together.

We walk up the path and up the stairs to the front door. It sounds loud as hell in there."Last chance to be a pussy."

I roll my eyes and knock on the door myself. A few minutes later some girl who kindve looks like Lynn if you squint your eyes comes and answers the door looking me up and down.

"We didn't order no strippers

"We didn't order no strippers." She says biting her lip.

"Ki who is it?" I hear from a voice that instantly makes my heart speed up.

"Excuse me miss. I'm not tryna get my ass beat. " Dell says politely pushing her to the side so we can walk in.

She closes the door behind us and we walk down this long hallway towards where all of the voices are coming from.

"Hi baby." I hear before turning the corner. Mehgan rushes him and makes eye contact with me.