Chapter 26

Note: The cast for this Les Mis play will be the same cast as the 25th anniversary, except Katie will be playing Eponine instead of Samantha (pretend that she's busy with another play or something, so she gave the role to Katie)

Katie's POV
*Day of the Les Mis. play*
I was trying to calm down. Everybody was doing last minute checking. I walked over to the curtain and peeked out. My eyes widened. There were hundreds and hundreds of people out there. I looked at the front middle seats and saw my family and friends (including Sierra, Rachael, John, and Earl). I smiled at them and walked back to costume. We had 20 minutes left. I put on the dress, gloves, and hat for Eponine then went to makeup. After, I was just pacing back and forth in my dressing room. I stopped as I saw Ramin enter. "Ready?" He asked while smiling. I smiled back, but continued pacing. "I'msonervousRamin. WhatifItriporsomething-" "Woah! Hold on", he cut me off and held my shoulders. "You'll be okay. You've done plays before. You can do this." Ramin reassured and kissed me. I kissed back for a few seconds and pulled away. "Let's go." He said and held my hand. I nodded and sighed as we walked out.
*SKIP TO KATIE PERFORMING "ON MY OWN"

And now I'm all alone again nowhere to turn, no one to go to
Without a home, without a friend, without a face to say hello to
But now the night is near
And I can make believe he's here
Sometimes I walk alone at night
When everybody else is sleeping
I think of him and then I'm happy
With the company I'm keeping
The city goes to bed,
And I can live inside my head

I peeked down at my family and friends. I sighed before getting lost in the music. I opened my mouth and sang once more.

On my own
Pretending he's beside me
All alone,
I walk with him 'til morning
Without him,
I feel his arms around me
And when I lose my way I close my eyes
And he has found me
In the rain, the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight
And all I see is him and me forever and forever
And I know it's only in my mind
That I'm talking to myself and not to him
And although I know that he is blind
Still I say, there's a way for us
I love him
But when the night is over
He is gone,
The river's just a river
Without him,
The world around me changes
The trees are bare and everywhere
The streets are full of strangers...
I love him
But every day I'm learning
All my life,
I've only been pretending
Without me,
His world would go on turning
A world that's full of happiness
That I have never known
I love him...
I love him...
I love him...
But only on my own...

I kept the same sad expression on my face as the music ended. The audience started to clap, cheer, stand and I tried so hard not to smile. The spotlight on me turned off as I walked back. I sighed loudly as I reached backstage.

*Another skip to end of the play
The crowd cheered more as I walked in front and bowed. Then I walked back. They went so crazy when Alfie Boe walked up. I smiled and the cast took it's final bow. Cameron came to say a short speech before we could finally get backstage and get out of these costumes. Not that I don't mind seeing Ramin in his Enjolras costume ;) "Katie!" I heard my parents, I turned around and ran to them. I engulfed them in a hug. "You did amazing, sweetie!" Mom said. "Thank you." I replied and let go of them. "Ramin! You did good as well." Dad said and walked over to him. They shook hands. "KATIE!!! YOU WERE GREAT!!!" This time, I heard all my friends that I invited. They really surprised me. Vanessa jumped on me, Angel nearly trampled me. I grunted. "Hey! Calm down." I told them as they let go. I rubbed my shoulders. "Okay first, thank you. Second, OOOWWW!!!" I replied. They giggled and I rolled my eyes. "So do you guys want to meet the rest of the cast or what?" I asked. They all nodded frantically. The only problem we had was keeping Angel under control and trying not let her have a heart attack.
*After party (her outfit is in the pic)
My family and friends went home while we all went to Pergola (an event place that you can rent), thanks to moi. My tita (Tagalog term) is the head person there so I was able to rent it no problem. Ramin and I were just chatting with Nick, Lea, Alfie, and Hadley when I noticed Jessica walking towards me. I didn't mind. If she's gonna hurt me again, well I'm ready this time. "Hi guys!" Her voice chirped in. Our laughs died down as she spoke. "Hey." Everyone said in a low tone. "Anyway, I just wanna talk with Katie in private for a moment." She explained. I felt Ramin tense up. Most of the cast knew what she let him do to me. Don't worry. I'm ready for anything she'll pull out. "Ramin, it's okay. I'll be fine." I whispered. He looked like he didn't believe me, but let go of my waist anyway. I stood up and straightened my sweater. I smiled at her and we started walking. "So, I just wanted to say that your performance was great." Jessica cheered. That took me by surprise. "Um...thanks, Jessica." I replied. We stopped walking as we were in front of the fountain. "Anyway, I would like to say this to you...loser!" It seemed that time slowed down. I felt her push me to the fountain, but I accidentally grabbed her dress and she fell instead. I struggled to get my footing, but I managed to stand. I heard her squeal as everyone one looked at where the splash sound came from. Jessica was soaked everywhere. We suddenly heard a rope snap. I looked up and saw a bucket full of blue paint fall down. I widened my eyes as I ran out of it's way. All of the paint landed on Jessica. My eyes widened. She planned to do this to me?! Soon, everybody behind me erupted with laughter and kept pointing at her. I looked at Jessica. Her eyes showed pain, embarrassment, and anger. I searched for the person who cut the rope. It was her friends. They looked horrified. "YOU IDIOTS! IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE KATIE NOT ME!!!" She yelled and ran out through the doors with tears rolling down her facing, making her makeup get ruined. The laughter got louder now. Everybody came up to me and said it was awesome what I did. I did feel good for embarrassing her, but deep down, I felt guilty. I looked at Ramin, he mouthed "Do what you have to do" at me. "Excuse me." I kept saying as I pushed through the crowd. I opened the doors and looked for Jessica. She was sitting down on the sidewalk. I walked over to her. "Stay away from me!" Jessica yelled, making me cringe a bit. I sighed and sat down beside her. "I won't." I replied. She rolled her eyes. "Why do you do this to me? You know, hurt me." I asked her. She sighed. "Because you have everything. High class parents that visit you often, guys love be yours." Jessica replied. Now, that got me confused. "But you have those happen to you too." I said. She shook her head. "My parents barely visit me. They forget that they have a daughter. They even forget my birthday. Guys always ignore me or go off to f**k some other b***h." Jessica explained. I felt sorry for her. I don't mind the swearing. I'm used to it. How could her parents forget their own child?! A few tears fell down her face. I pulled out my handkerchief and let her wipe her face and some of the paint off. She smiled at me. "Thank you. No one has made me this happy after being humiliated." She sniffled. I smiled back. "You know, we haven't gone off the right start yet. So, what do you say to us being friends?" I suggested. "Sure. I'd love that." Jessica replied and we hugged. I didn't even care if some of the paint wiped off onto my clothes. Then we released each other. "Come on. Let's get you cleaned up." I said and stood up. She stood up too and we headed back inside.

What way to spend my last 3 days before going back to America :)