Chapter 8

Vanessa's POV

I slammed my door shut. Then I screamed into my pillow. "I can't believe it! How could she not tell me that her and Ramin are together. I wouldn't judge her." I thought. "Vanessa! What's wrong?" I heard mom. "GO AWAY!" I yelled. "Please, darling. Let me in." She pleaded. I huffed before letting her in. "What's wrong?" She asked before sitting beside me. "Katie! She is in a relationship with an older man. SHE'S 14 MOM AND HE IS 35!!! She didn't even tell me about it. I've told her my secrets." I told her. "I know it's shocking. It was for me when I found out-" "Wait! You know?" I cut her off. Mom nodded. I scoffed at her. "Please bear with her, Vanessa. This is a secret of her's that is hard to be trusted with. That's why she didn't tell you." She explained. I calmed down. "I just can't picture them together." I said. "Well, they love each other. So they don't care what other people say." Mom replied and left my room.

Katie's POV

For the past few minutes, Ramin has been comforting me the best he can. I just laid in his arms. "I hate myself." I whispered as I leaned my head on his chest. His steady heartbeat calmed me more. "Don't say that, Katie. You are the most amazing girl I've ever met. Vanessa needs time to adjust to this." Ramin replied. I laid my head up. "You sure?" I asked. I stared longingly into his eyes, getting lost in them. He nodded and placed a long, sweet kiss on the lips. Then down my neck. I smiled and stroked the back of his hair. "I love you." I whispered as I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment. After a few seconds, Ramin stopped. "I love you too." He whispered back. "I'm glad to have someone like you." I said and laid my head on the crook of his neck. "Me too."