8

"Caitlin, we're taking you home"

"What? I cant, I'm not recovered yet"

"We've got your medicine and we're taking you home. Being here is doing you no good"

"But?"

"No buts. Anyone would think that you don't want to come home and get better, and resume your life"

Caitlin laughed it off, but that's exactly what she was doing. She was afraid that if she went home, and became all better and resumed her life, he might not see her again. She was enjoying the dreams, and desperately wanted to know what happened next, and if this was her story, where was Barry? Why was she engaged to someone else? What had happened? Was he alright? And if he was her boyfriend, why didn't anyone mention him? Why was everyone telling her that Ronnie was her fiancé? What was going on?

Caitlin gathered her stuff, and walked out with her parents. She hoped that he would not be angry with her, and would still come and visit her. Caitlin collapsed on her bed, and tried to shut out the world. She was trying but nothing. She tried to keep herself busy, until she became tired. Finally, it was time to sleep. She took her medicine and shut her eyes, hoping that he'd come and she would be transported there. She felt the familiar gasping for her breath, and sweating about to start. Please take me there, and show me what happened she thought. Why is everyone lying to me? Who is telling me the truth? What's happening to my life? If you're who I think you are, where are you? Why aren't you here? Why am I being led to believe something else?

Caitlin burst into her aunts room. She went and laid her head in her lap, and cried

"Caitlin honey, what's wrong?"

"Why doesn't he believe that I truly love him?"

"Who?"

"I know that I played a few pranks on him, but so did he. I apologised"

He'll calm down soon"

"Will he? I helped an old man today, and as I was leaving, I realised it was his house. He didn't even give me a chance to explain. Just accused me of following him home and told me that he hates me, and never wants to see me again"

"If you love him truly and with a pure heart, I pray that you get him"

"I hope so too. First time I've ever really loved someone"

Caitlin was getting ready for bed. She knelt down by her bed and prayed 

"You know how much I love him, and with a pure heart. Please help him see this"

Caitlin was about to turn off her light, when there was a tap on her window. She considered not opening it, as she didn't want to be disturbed, but she knew if she didn't, she would always wonder who it was and what they wanted. The sight that greeted her shocked her

"Barry" she said, as he fell into her arms

Caitlin dragged him onto her bed, and got to work, cleaning him up. She opened his shirt, and cleaned all the blood up from there too

"Barry, what happened?"

"Don't ask"

"Did you have a fight with someone?"

"I was jumped. I didn't know where else to go"

"Barry, you need to go to the hospital. See if there are any internal injuries"

"No, I can't. They'll call my dad, and he can't see me like this"

"But Barry?"

"Caitlin please"

"But where are you going to go?"

"I don't know"

"Well for tonight, your not going anywhere. Try to sleep"

"And you?"

"I'll be okay on the floor. You sleep. You need the bed more then me"

"Caitlin, thank you"

"For what?"

"Even after everything, your still helping me"

Caitlin grabbed Barry's hand, and kept watch over him all night. Every time he stirred, her head shot up, and she did whatever was possible, to calm him. Barry woke in the morning, to see Caitlin holding his hand and her head on the bed. He smiled and removed his hand. He put her on the bed, and walked into her en-suite to clean himself up. Caitlin stirred, and looked around. Where was Barry?

"Barry" she whispered 

"I'm here" he said, entering the bedroom 

Caitlin ran into his arms. Barry was stunned. What had come over her?

"I thought something had happened to you"

"I'm fine. But Caitlin there was really no need to watch over me all night"

"I had to. You were injured. I couldn't leave you alone"

"Right, I need to get home. My dad must be panicking"

"Don't be ridiculous. You need medical treatment. Now as you won't go to the hospital, I'm going to take you somewhere. Please don't object"

Caitlin grabbed Barry's hand, and quickly led him out of the house. She led him to another house

"Right, stay here. This is my house, that I got with my own money. No one knows about it. Now stay here. I'm going to get a doctor for you"

Barry wandered the house, waiting for Caitlin to return. It was a lovely house, it just needed someone to stay there. Caitlin returned with the doctor, and he checked Barry out

"Right, I've checked him out, and he seems okay. You'll have to stay here for a few days, whilst I run some tests"

Barry was about to object, when Caitlin promised he would

"Barry, you need to stay here and recover. Text your dad and tell him that your staying with a friend for a few days. That's not really untrue. Otherwise you and him will both be worrying"

Duff duff duff. What's going to happen next? As always, feedback appreciated