⁰⁰. ᴮˡᵒᵒᵈⁱᵉᵈ ᴮᵘᵗ ᵁⁿᵇᵒʷᵉᵈ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐙𝐄𝐑𝐎 || 𝘉𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘜𝘯𝘣𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘥

   THE CURRENTS RAGED ON EVEN BEFORE CARTER WOKE UP. The sheer force of it all made him shudder. His eyes squint under the bright red glow cast towards the sky that wore a dark crimson blanket. A void of what once was the afternoon blues, with the beautiful puffy white clouds floating beneath it all. Now, it stood as something close to a blood-soaked sky. But beneath it, all stood the ruins of homes, crumbled to the ground by one person who stood on a large hill. Red glowing wisps danced around her as a beam shot into the sky.

And it took Carter a moment to remember what had exactly happened, and when he did his eyes flickered around him. A panic rose in his stomach as the palms of his hands and knees dug into the harsh rocks and ash beneath him. Nausea rose in his empty stomach with bile threatening to force itself out. Harshly reminding him that his reality still stood and it would continue to rage on as long as he lived.

A ripped plaid shirt flapping in the wind forced him to suppress his thoughts and sensations. His mind kicked into overdrive when he saw the green, white, and black of the fabric. The knowledge of who it belonged to and who wore it only a short while ago. A wince slipped past his lips as he crawled across the dirt, the pounding of a headache cracking against his skull with the rocks digging into his rough flesh.

"Drew?"

There was no response as Carter grasped a handful of her shirt yanking himself towards his sister. His eyes welled up with tears from the sight of a sizable hole in her chest where her heart once rested. His hands cupped her face, lifting her head and being met with the dull blue eyes that always once gleamed with excitement and happiness. Now nothing more than what once was.